Can I get any rewards from committing bugs or fixing bugs?

man, now i wish i get all the super rewards of the world for being a closed beta tester for an indi mmo, and lookin for bugs glitches and other proplems and possible givin an suggestion of how to fix something instead of gettin thanks and the likes, where i can only hope that my only wish of mine will be granted and made real, but thats just it, a wish and hoping all goes well for the only thing i want for it to have too

its kinda granted to not get something for finding any singular bugs you may find and report, the reward is to help to make something better

6 hours ago, Auth said:

There’s never been any reward besides a “Thanks” from the developers from time-to-time. It’s not like TF2 where you get the Finder’s Fee, unfortunately :(

Finder's Fee is for if you discover a major vulnerability that could be exceedingly dangerous to either users or Valve's bottom line like RCE exploits or item duplication bugs. If they handed those out to anyone who reported any odd bug they'd be the most common item in the game, there's so many bugs that they don't care about.

Also the Finder's Fee is a nerf, the old reward was any hat with any unusual effect you wanted.

3 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Finder's Fee is for if you discover a major vulnerability that could be exceedingly dangerous to either users or Valve's bottom line like RCE exploits or item duplication bugs. If they handed those out to anyone who reported any odd bug they'd be the most common item in the game, there's so many bugs that they don't care about.

Also the Finder's Fee is a nerf, the old reward was any hat with any unusual effect you wanted.

I know, I was just using it as an example. Calling it a "nerf" though, like reporting exploits to get a one-of--kind hat was a game feature, was kind of funny though :p

Archived