Ronivan Unusual Suggestion #1

I know this is not the first time I suggested unusual ideas for the game, but at least know I can keep track of it. Here comes another batch of chaos for the game in the future, if I may so suggest it:

• Ruined Space Station World: as the name suggest, it will be like any other asteroid world, but this will be a complete, or perhaps not, Space Station. My idea on this would make it be built like a multiple collection of structural templates rather than biomes, with the main walls that cannot be destroyed. This world would give you some interesting things, like fabricating buildings that cannot be built anywhere else, batteries and perhaps the station power core. The bad side, or perhaps the cool side in my point of view, would be the dangers, like hazardous toxic and radioactive environment, and deranged robots that would kill anyone on sight.
  • Dangerous Robots: Like I suggested before, these would only appear in ruined Space Stations or Ruins biomes burried within asteroids. These guys are operating robots once responsible to maintaining the station, and some may have an aggressive attitude towards your duplicants. You could beat them with the dupes, but this would likely result and casualties and injuries. These robots could be broken down to get unique useful materials, or could be harnessed like any other critter to suit your needs. The ruins where these robots lurked would have unique useful stuff like buildings such as the Vacilator, for sample.
  • Combat Atmo Suit: would work as the Atmo Suit, but have enhanced defense for incoming hits from enemies, may it be critters or robots. Always require maintenance to repair damage taken.
  • Robot Worker Frame: a big duplicant operated robot like frame. This thing would give you full protection against hazardous environment and incoming attacks. It would allow real fast building and mining capabilities, and perhaps the unique drilling equipment capable to drill on materials that the duplicants could not do by themselves, even with max mining. This picture here illustrate my idea: Robot Armor

Well that's it for now. I hope that ideas will be useful in some way. All these treats that I have suggested would be optional too; you could be given the option to disable the treats, or perhaps allow a difficulty level for the treats if they are present. Thanks and comment if you like!

Nice suggestions. I was thinking about a ruined space station asteroid as well but i was thinking it would be closer to a regular asteroid but with the space station parts being the top biome with the bottom of it getting more smashed. It would be a limited source of resources like steel, glass, plastic and refined metals all being minable tiles around that biome.

The hostile robots sound interesting but i think they need to be somehow contained in an area. Maybe a turret type or a bot moving on rails. You could either fight them head on or try to disable their power source (maybe it could yeld enriched uranium), block it off with a wall or flood with water giving you multiple options of dealing with them.

More advanced suits would be fun. I imagine a radbolt powered suit, maybe a 3 tile high exoskeleton that moves after can scale higher obstacles and reaches further for work. When unpowered the suit would "pack up" so a single dupe can carry it around.

13 hours ago, Ronivan said:

Ruined Space Station World:

The idea appeared quite a few times on the forums - movable "asteroid" that you can use as mobile refuel station for your rockets. Even devs confirmed they were thinking about that along with some cool no-gravity stuff, but were not sure if it is possible to implement in short anough time. I'd love to see something like that, sounds cool!

Dangerous Robots

I always like new challenges, but making combat threat will be difficult to implement in a fun way IMO. Not saying no, but seems much harder than Space Station, at least to make it enjoyable.

Robot Worker Frame

Yeah, exo-suits, mechs and SCVs are constant thing in Sci-Fi. I'd love to see suit so big that it takes 3, 4, or even 5 tiles of height, allows dupes to mine like they had mining skill maxed out, jump higher than usual, carry tones of materials. Something so big that mere walking with that thing causes tiles below to take damage like from meteorites, and usual ladders are not enough to sustain its mass. Could be fun, not sure where I would use it, but still, fun 

On 1/27/2022 at 10:11 AM, Sanchozz said:

and so we came up with the idea of rimworld`s mechanoids again. no, don't, it's already been 100500 times before.

No my idea is as far from mechanoids as possible. My idea of robots don't even have guns or anything close to them. They are just operational robots that are responsible for maintaining the station, not different from the ones we already have and use in our current game. Some of them would not be harmful at all, operating very much like any one critter, attacking only when attacked. You could even harness them to help you the same way critters does.

I did some editing in my suggestion to avoid misleading in to thinking this would lead to anything like Rimworld. Klei games don't have and don't need such kind of violence, and my idea was more like critters than murderous robot.

What about a part of the space station asteroid was a green house? it could have seeds, plants, fertilizer and flower pots with different decorational plants including some sporechids which add to the danger of exploring the space station and getting to the useful seeds in the green house. Maybe it could contain some mutated seeds as a reward.

The dangers of the space station could be damaged radioactive generators which would expose duplicants to dangerous levels of radiation if inside the space station. There could also be insulated areas at higher temperatures making exploring some parts without atmosuits harder.

The robots could be like tiles poking their heads to look around, it would have a range like any sweeper and in that range it could attack duplicants. When disconnected from the power in the space station it would deactivate and could be reprogrammed by a duplicant with the electrical engineer skill to work for you, when you reconnect it again. There could be sweepies with artifacts on top giving another reward for exploring the station, because if I saw correctly the gravitas facility was making some prototypes of sweepy, I'll search for an image to share.

Archived