Make Butter from Electric Milk

Hello,

In real life, you can do butter from milk (20 litres will produce 1kg). And it is complicated: heat the milk to get cream, process it when cold, wash it, more process, shape it. 

Klei could make it happen in DST: 10 Electric milk and some ice (3-5) make 1 butter (with a blueprint, see below for ideas). If they dont want to add any mechanic for all the intermediate steps, it could be that simple. Because the big number of stack, it cant be done directly in crockpot.

But if they add Cream (dairy item, spoil in 6 days), they can have these recipes:

• 10 Milk > 1 Cream - Refine Tab, with a blueprint, given by deerclops (dairy-clops, sorry for my poor english) or by a new butterfly boss,
  • 1 Cream + 3 ice > Butter in crockpot during 0.5 or 1 full day

On 2/27/2022 at 10:10 AM, Monu0 said:

i actually love this idea, but i think klei should nerf butter crockpot dishes then, because without this idea butter is just a lucky treat and not something to rely to

On the other hand, they're comparable to surf 'n' turf, which is potentially less effort than getting electric milk.

Edit: Although Wurt can't eat that.

22 hours ago, Monu0 said:

i actually love this idea, but i think klei should nerf butter crockpot dishes then, because without this idea butter is just a lucky treat and not something to rely to

All the point of my idea : it still requires a huge effort to produce the butter. And it would be less a lottery. 

On 2/27/2022 at 12:10 PM, Monu0 said:

What dish would become problematic if butter was slightly easier to obtain? Most dishes that require butter also allow milk as a substitute already.

On 1/17/2022 at 7:56 AM, SuperDonuts said:

Hello,

In real life, you can do butter from milk (20 litres will produce 1kg). And it is complicated: heat the milk to get cream, process it when cold, wash it, more process, shape it. 

Klei could make it happen in DST: 10 Electric milk and some ice (3-5) make 1 butter (with a blueprint, see below for ideas). If they dont want to add any mechanic for all the intermediate steps, it could be that simple. Because the big number of stack, it cant be done directly in crockpot.

But if they add Cream (dairy item, spoil in 6 days), they can have these recipes:

• 10 Milk > 1 Cream - Refine Tab, with a blueprint, given by deerclops (dairy-clops, sorry for my poor english) or by a new butterfly boss,
  • 1 Cream + 3 ice > Butter in crockpot during 0.5 or 1 full day

I feel as though making it take 10 electric milk for a single butter is a little overkill, there are a number of recipes that are equal to waffles in health (wobster bisque and surf'n'turn both last longer, are easier to get the ingredients for, and are craftable by anyone) and there are a lot better recipes for hunger and sanity, I feel like adding this would be mostly to extend the shelf life of the milk rather than provide a long term healing solution, but we have bundling wraps for a reason

On 2/28/2022 at 7:35 PM, SuperDonuts said:

All the point of my idea : it still requires a huge effort to produce the butter. And it would be less a lottery. 

well, you're right it still requires more time.

Archived