Dr.Medics off topic art thread

Echsrick

i have been thinkin, other people share there art here too, so i was thinkin why dont i do it now too? now that hatch day happend, and so truly a new year started for me, that i start sharing some things i have made over the times here too, and maybe at some point i will make another thread for the storys i have alredy written, who knows, if you have any questions, i try to answere them if im here, oh and dont expect super art like some others are able to do, im simple and just do it for fun realy, so maybe not extreme details whit shadows and all that, anyways i dit say my hatchday was today? so yes, thats a good start first

401126055_echsrickshatchday.thumb.png.1064fc14795ddc9b5b0203e502605274.png

guess from time to time i will post more of my art in here

1 minute ago, minespatch said:

Nice work with the background! 

I didn't know it was your birthday.

not any more, at least in my time zone, day 15 of januray is gone some hours ago, but thank you that you like what you see, it means much to me

now hoping to post an gif animation in here is goin to be easy

giphy.gif

seems like it, i used an pixel tool to make this, and alsol got inspired by the snes dragon quest games, how the characters move like that, so i made me like that too

may as well post the other animation i made here too, i only got 2 animations, unless you would count the animation the dev from an indi mmo im a closed beta tester for counts too

giphy.gif

simple, just how i like it, now i hope it dont get merged whit the other post too, i dont like that mergin

Just now, minespatch said:

You might want to try some subtle shading. Take a slightly darker color for the shade.

well i actualy do use a bit darker sometimes, for like the neck part, or the tail, or sometimes when something is a bit far, here look
image.thumb.png.5ee56e010d0809246370c56b3023aec2.png
the shade of green is in fact differend, may be it can be a bit harder to see, but if looked closer one can see that its bit darker, thats still of me being simple but still be somewhat more "complex" at least as much i think im able to do so

2 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I do like the grey line technique I've seen in other arts you've done.

wait thats a technique? i was thinkin it was just like, outlining things, so like, to make a difference? but i guess its one and you like that, wich makes me happy

before i became a closed beta tester for an indi mmo, i just dit try to do some drawings and post it in there discord, based more or less lookin like things i saw in trailers kinda, and whit many more drawings done, i sooner or later became a closed beta tester for that indi mmo, and it gets better, later on during development during the testing phase, lizards suddenly where no where to be seen as enemys anymore, and it seems like i have changed the devs minds in a way, in fact, the dev made an animation for me even, maybe i will post that later some times, but anyways, this is the very first drawing i dit while i waited to become a tester
2021_03_03_0um_Kleki.thumb.png.f23caf947aa9d329faddcb0efcb90f1d.png

this is so old, so so old, it looks so differend then what i do now in a way

1 minute ago, minespatch said:

Did you use bases for your art or is it a form of rotoscoping?

ahm, i belive i am not familiar whit the 2 meanings? well, whit the bases i guess something like, based on some look or something like that, like a reference of some sort, wich i used in a way, based on what i saw for that indi mmo im a closed beta tester for
Buy cheap Cinderstone Online cd key - lowest price
as you may see, there are somewhat of the simillar looks of my drawing i dit, guess thats what you mean whit bases?

but i have no idea what the "rotoscoping" is, what does that mean?

2 minutes ago, minespatch said:

It kind of looks like the bodies were traced from photos before you finished it. Nothing wrong.

i draw lines and hope for the best, and then maybe deleting lines if something turned wrong, and some times i take reference of an pose or something like that, but i dont draw something and then copy it and place it on to another drawing, its all in the same picture

and here is another of the drawings i dit while waiting to become a clesed beta tester for that indi mmo, something that looks cute i think
2021_03_07_0te_Kleki.thumb.png.e21b6b41d6c3efc437600a4ea2f82860.png

almost like time travel lookin at it again, on those old arts

here is another one i made while i was waiting to become a closed beta tester for that indi mmo, this time a bit more special in a way

2021_03_22_00x_Kleki.thumb.png.65bddbb9bc5b4b73cfaf1118b4bea813.png

special because in a way, i wanted to show the devs that lizards are not mindless enemys and can be heroic too, and it seemed to work, in the newer testing versions there are no lizard enemys anymore, and the dev made an animation for me, whit a lizard on it, realy special, soould post that too sometimes at some point

this one here i made after an importing testing thing has been done, a special system for that indi mmo im a closed beta tester for, it shows something more or less about castle siege
2021_07_04_10k_Kleki.thumb.png.3c374f0bbbc49971d130683c33543414.png

the characters you see were kind of based of the people that where testing it, including me, that i had to change to something more fiting

Archived