MiniBase max dupe run (80 dupes)

Hey all,

Before the DLC went into beta, I did a MiniBase mod run where I was trying to maximize the number of duplicants on sustainable resources and reached a cap of 80 dupes. My philosophy for the run was to maximize the use of resources that I could reasonably understand as being sustainable, like arbor trees (lumber > ethanol > polluted water > steam > oxygen) and glossy dreckos (plastic > naptha > natural gas > polluted water > steam > oxygen), while minimizing things like morbs that create matter out of nothing. There are 100% ways to improve the efficiency of this base, but I feel like I had to 'call it' at a certain point. If you've never tried a MiniBase run, I highly recommend it as it provides a unique challenge where every time you want to create a new section of your base, you have to carefully dismantle the old. I honestly don't remember the number of cycles, but I'm sure it was in the 1500+. 

Anyway, the images have been sitting on my computer for about a year, so I figured I'd finally share them here. I don't remember all of the details, but I've tried to provide some explanation. Here is how everything turned out - hope you enjoy:

Spoiler

555754498_OxygenNotIncluded12_10_202011_35_13PM.thumb.png.12380a8cb8c0b7628174a257a01498fe.png

At the top is the spare dupe housing facility with lavatories to maximize the water recovery from the dupes. They are provided automated meals in the left section of their prison house. The center houses the 10 main duplicants that are responsible for the critter wrangling and cooking for the facility. All food is provided through starved shove voles. At the bottom of the base is the one oil well and 32 natural gas generators running flat out. The natural gas is provided from the oil well, and the miniature sour gas boiler that is able to crank out 3 kg/s of natural gas. The sour gas boiler runs on oil from the oil well and from slickster farms in the top left as well as melted plastic turned naptha from several glossy drecko farms. Additional polluted water is provided by some arbor trees turned ethanol on the bottom left. All of the heat to melt the naptha and clean some of the polluted water comes from the steam chamber on the left with five aquatuners. There is one water vent on the right side of the base. All of the balancing of resources was calculated in excel over several weeks.

Electricity:

Spoiler

813917022_OxygenNotIncluded12_10_202011_35_32PM.thumb.png.5f5476d3ae759485ecac2ee995da9d0f.png

Liquid:

Spoiler

606351799_OxygenNotIncluded12_10_202011_35_57PM.thumb.png.bd3df8f71f4862f1bef03b14f943f821.png

Gas:

Spoiler

2000977375_OxygenNotIncluded12_10_202011_36_05PM.thumb.png.17a79e48004c5c2ac1ca8f68f88d79ea.png

Transportation:

Spoiler

1310532466_OxygenNotIncluded12_10_202011_36_34PM.thumb.png.661d1efa924c67a58508a55576eda1ae.png

Automation:

Spoiler

430980865_OxygenNotIncluded12_10_202011_36_25PM.thumb.png.a40374970a62358c99411a4ba52403d3.png

58 minutes ago, babba said:

80 dupes in that small size is really a great achievement :razz: @Noji

I have currently got ~80 dupes on this map size :ghost:

Wow! Yea, when you put it in direct comparison with a normal map size you can really see the challenge. At one point, the right side of my map even had a whole liquid hydrogen and oxygen section/rocket silo for space materials that was later converted to the sour gas boiler. 

Honestly, something I didn't mention in the OP, but was a huge reason I took it on at the time was that it really, really helped framerates to run on such a small map. I'm sure my old toaster of a computer would have cried with your map. 

@Noji 50 - 100 dupes take in an amazing amount of food and oxygen, its hell ! :lol: Ive currently got 89 dupes in the map. Something like two years ago I played survival mode with nearly 500 natural born dupes in the old base game - I had to dedicate lots of entire screens full of food production for the dupes. At the end the entire colony went extinct due to lack of water and low resources in general.

Just now I installed another 9 Electrolyzers, but I was hesitating ( for a short moment 1 second ). The colony is already lacking 20 kW of power ! Currently I`m creating new power generators for my huge oil reserves, but I need to be able to make more Steel first...

I wish I had some arbor tree seeds for bio fuel/water production, like you have in your wonderful map :razz:

Also, Hydrocactus would be great :ghost: ...Hydrocacti would be awesome dear Klei !

I would get in to co2 mushroom farms again, if Klei would offer a non-critter ( industrial ) option in the game for Slime production. Then I would utilize the co2 geyser in my map.

These are the geysers I`m playing with.... :lol: I guess you played with far less re-spawning resources :confused: Which makes your little base even more awesome !

image.png.ff7537024c1fdad1f8f34b483d310ba1.pngimage.png.2fa1621d159b4aaa1b9ae58618df9cb7.png

I did something similar (also in minibase mod), but I stop progress around ~40. It was most silliest base ever 80% of base is manual generators and beds (I can see only 8 beds in screenshot). Everything you need is food from space creatures (...16k calories).

Minibase on Spaced out would be so much easier with up to 16 buildable pocket dimensions (Spacefarer Modules and Solo Nosecones)... But then the actual Minibase dimensions could be made even smaller.  It would be fun!

Archived