Change Fireproof Falsetto into Fortune's Falsetto

4 hours ago, Well-met said:

that's basically a AoE bone armor.

that's extremely powerful for those raid bosses that attack slowly, for a scroll.

It's not a guaranteed block? It's a small chance to block. If it's as small as 10% you're talking about blocking a hit maybe every 10 hits. How is that as powerful as bone armor?

If it's as small as 5% then it's every 20 hits which at that point it's kinda useless.

11 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

one thing i like from dst combat is that there aren't rng things like critical hits or dodging chances

Don't Webber's nurse spiders work on a chance to heal?

Well my other suggestion is for some damage to be redirected towards Wig, that way she can protect fragile characters. 

But I'm not a big fan of the idea, seems kinda bland 

3 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

Nurse spiders heal a static amount every 3 attacks.

I've not player too much Wigfrid, but this certainly seems like something that would be a great addition to her team play capabilities. Not that she really needs it, of course. Wigfrid already has some of the best multiplayer contributions of any character, but I digress. Fireproof Falsetto is one of the most useless things one could make as a Wigfrid, and this change seems all but necessary in my mind. If not changed to Fortune's Falsetto, the item itself definitely needs some serious reworking.

4 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

nope, the healing has cooldown

there isnt RNG in any aspect of the fighting system (if we dont take in count weather pain behaviour)

edit: well, fw in his 1st phase and if you are inside the circle will cast the bone ring or the bone cage which could be considered rng and DF spawn her larvae in random ponds... so maybe there is a little of rng in certain fights xd

I wouldn't want to sing a song that relies on both getting hit and a lucky chance. Even if you're getting hit a lot you aren't guaranteed it'll do anything.

If it works based on a timer it would step in the toes of bone armor, and if its cool down were long enough to not make bone armor feel pointless then the song would feel pointless giving nearly no dodges. If it worked based on how many hits you took (e.g. dodges one hit then is reactivated after you take damage 4 times) it would just be another thing encouraging Wigfrid to do boring hold f face tanking.

Not sure whether or not I like this idea. It's definitely better than fireproof falsetto but that bar is extremely easy to pass.

3 hours ago, Cheggf said:

I wouldn't want to sing a song that relies on both getting hit and a lucky chance. Even if you're getting hit a lot you aren't guaranteed it'll do anything.

If it works based on a timer it would step in the toes of bone armor, and if its cool down were long enough to not make bone armor feel pointless then the song would feel pointless giving nearly no dodges. If it worked based on how many hits you took (e.g. dodges one hit then is reactivated after you take damage 4 times) it would just be another thing encouraging Wigfrid to do boring hold f face tanking.

Not sure whether or not I like this idea. It's definitely better than fireproof falsetto but that bar is extremely easy to pass.

That's fair. 

On 1/15/2022 at 12:18 AM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

there isnt RNG in any aspect of the fighting system (if we dont take in count weather pain behaviour)

Are we just going to ignore Thulecite Crown's 33% chance to create a forcefield for 4 seconds, and also Thulecite Club's 20% chance to spawn a shadow tentacle for 9 seconds, or...?

Bone Armor is on a cool down.

Enlightened Crown uses Sanity.

(Tail o' Three Cats also, 5 to 25% chance for the pacify whip crack to activate, where as Wigfrid has the Startling Soliloquy, which is in the same realm of effect - however it is controlled and not chance)

Fireproof falsetto is good for like, Dragonfly rush without a panflute. It's incredibly niche. (I truly can't think of another useful scenario that would otherwise just outright be avoidable lol) I'd love to see a new song or just a complete do-over like OP suggested.

36 minutes ago, Bones Junior said:

Are we just going to ignore Thulecite Crown's 33% chance to create a forcefield for 4 seconds, and also Thulecite Club's 20% chance to spawn a shadow tentacle for 9 seconds, or...?

nope, i just forget them but the chances are that high that is soft rng since is almost guarantee to have them in fights

edit. but as i said, i dont like rng. I would prefer if the tentacles spawn 100% of the time (maybe with less damage but with their cost it wont be op) and the crown could have the shield guarantee after getting damaged 3 or 4 times for wigfrid's like tactics

Bone Armor is on a cool down.

Enlightened Crown uses Sanity.

how are these rng?

I'd love to see a new song or just a complete do-over like OP suggested.

read cheggf analysis, it explains why, even if howl made a good suggestion, it wont work in a balanced way in this game

Archived