Jump to content

Good World Generations


Recommended Posts

Please share your best world generations and explain why.

PD: In my case bee queen next to river (boat exploit) next to spider dens (to farm monster meat) next to extremely rare tall fortress. I really love it.

PD 2: Can anyone tell me how to save the seed of this world or something? It would be nice to save this world, Thanks!

wendy-luck.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, PabloTerceros said:

Can anyone tell me how to save the seed of this world or something? It would be nice to save this world, Thanks!

You can use Gem Core and see / paste your world seed in the world settings or if you just want to see it you can use this command :
c_announce(TheWorld.meta.seed)

Just be careful cause seeds are usually only compatible under the same update and mod configurations so I could also recommand you to make a backup every time you generate a world in case you want it for another time again (just save your world folder which you can access directly in game).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ADM said:

Just be careful cause seeds are usually only compatible under the same update and mod 

Wait what? You mean any update will make seeds invalid?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

if the world gen changes the number to generate a world doesnt translate into the same old world

Wow, that's awful. I wish klei would fix it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

Wow, that's awful. I wish klei would fix it.

i dont  think is broken, is how seeds works

if you really wanna keep a world i recommend you to keep it like a day 1 world and c&p it into a new cluster when you want to create a new world with it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i dont  think is broken, is how seeds works

if you really wanna keep a world i recommend you to keep it like a day 1 world and c&p it into a new cluster when you want to create a new world with it

Nah, I just have an awesome cave world with atrium connected to ruins and not just anywhere but right at fuelweaver arena. I'd love it to exists forever. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh wait, it took me a while to get what you mean. I should do a fresh world with this seed now while it still works, and keep this world on day one. Big brain idea. Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

Oh wait, it took me a while to get what you mean. I should do a fresh world with this seed now while it still works, and keep this world on day one. Big brain idea. Thanks!

exactly and if activate API gem core mod you can regenerate old worlds in the ingame menu-->server commmands--->regenerate same world

but dont take this as 100% funtional because i might be wrong, im saving worlds but i never tried regenerate a world after many updates

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, ADM said:

You can use Gem Core and see / paste your world seed in the world settings or if you just want to see it you can use this command :
c_announce(TheWorld.meta.seed)

Just be careful cause seeds are usually only compatible under the same update and mod configurations so I could also recommand you to make a backup every time you generate a world in case you want it for another time again (just save your world folder which you can access directly in game).

 

Thanks a lot man! I'm definitely saving at least five copies of this world.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ooooh boy, I've been waiting for this opportunity. 

Welcome to.. Best World.

image.thumb.png.5d965ca53b7bc57510bc9aa36921a666.png

What exactly do we have here, though.

image.thumb.png.dd0d65377fb2b661a5d6495e9d674f11.png

A triple MacTusk, for start.

image.thumb.png.d061c36b93206e07d198a33bd46a5b92.png

A reed trap, long cleared and returfed. It killed many a boss for me.

image.thumb.png.491e18c4fcea3785fda9f42ab0884df3.png

Right above it the express boat to the Lunar Island. I'm not making a bridge because I like to have space for normal sailing whenever new ocean content is released. 

image.thumb.png.c2d39821a3a01a5b88a2aeabdbae70c1.png

The Lunar Island is huge, and I only needed to pick the bushes once to get a sprout, so I just left the native ones here. One of the smaller Islands got turned into a small living space for the Volt Goat that keeps the automatic farm going.

image.thumb.png.25006c9d924ceca5606d2089f467d044.png

The decidious biome is connected to three others: Triple Tusk, Swamp, and the meteor field. That means finding Klaus sack is a matter of a quick trip on my speedy Beefalo. There's also this wormhole here.

image.thumb.png.b1ebe17b4361594006a32a1e625e4d22.png

Which leads to the developer graveyard, with pig houses set up for farming meat every full moon.

There's also this gigantic rocky biome, which got me more than enough rocky turf for roads. 

image.thumb.png.9d52efc24617d4032b58b3bf54c8ae6c.png

This spot is just pretty. I don't know if I'll build anything here.

image.thumb.png.23239002305a5fc6c7c414f8be8d3c50.png

The oasis is between the two spots by the way. Easily accessible on foot, the antlion spawns on the other side of that endothermic fire. The green square was killer bee biome which I wiped. 

So, what else could you want?

image.thumb.png.d6c8ec31dc4026a0fbcfcdf5804ca7a6.png

How about Pearl nice and close to the base, with some salt right by her? There is a deep bass spawn next to the island too, if you want to get the heavy fish quest done fast. Or fight Malbatross while granny looks at you. 

image.thumb.png.c9728d19e24ed7486637eaf24da30dda.png

Or all the Waterlogged biomes next to each other for easy knobbly nut collecting?

image.thumb.png.ea6473b685df3b02254df3dece5e5de5.png

Or Crab king just few seconds away from land?

image.thumb.png.e99386bd0328bade9f30861389acb244.png

Not hard to guess where this one leads.

image.thumb.png.739788a6d431457c0febabdbf4daf2db.png

Yeah, that's about it. The caves are far less impressive- but they do have this nice lesser glowberry spot. 

image.thumb.png.412bb354711b2e5f3a82db0963b8b26d.png

Before you ask why I'm using an ornery Beefalo with Wolfgang, it's because it kept going feral despite the salt licks (I've left it alone for quite a while and the licks can stop the process only so long), so I gotta get him his exercise. The speedy one is patiently waiting at base. 

Also, please don't judge my base building skills, I'm terrible at designing stuff

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...