Infinite Stunlock for Ancient Guardian - DST (No graves or pillars)

Hello, fellow survivors! My name is Leinad, I am from Brazil and I found a very intersting strategy to stunlock the Ancient Guardian indefinitely, no pillars or graves needed.
(Actually, user grumm9690 pointed out to me that Don Giani had already discovered this techique 3 years ago   : 0  
This also means that the new changes to the staggering did not affect the tactic Don talked about in his video, making it valid after all of this time.
 I'll leave the post here to inform others like me that didn't know it was possible to do this, and check the video Don made because it has really high quality.) 

The key is to hit the boss in a specific moment right before he finishes his charge, which will make him stop. If you continue attacking, you will hit his next charge in the same specific moment, stunlocking him forever. To find the right timing, I always focus on his feet. You'll want to attack right after he drags his feet back for the third time.
This showcase uses Wolfgang but the trick can be done by any character (as long as the timing is correct). The server shown in the video is completelly vanilla.

This is really helpful. I have a world where I am Maxwell and my friend is Wanda (permanently old) so we are always operating on low health. Our Ancient Guardian arena generation was pretty unforgiving in that there are no "cheese" spots. I'll definitely have to practice the timing on this

4 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

I wonder if this will still be viable when AG gets reworked...

1895175680_download(22).jpeg.097f102a90203c7780e3c43384b0b2bb.jpeg

I think his rework will be released with the Qol update that may or may not have been pushed to next year.

i wish, refreshing this annoying part of something that we repeat over and over should be a priority imo 

3 minutes ago, grumm9690 said:

Isn't it just the same thing like what Don Giani made video about 3 years ago? 

You"re right, mate. It's the same thing.
I had no idea the mighty Don Giani had already discovered this tactic and thought it was a new thing.
Thanks for the info  : )
I'll keep the post here for other people that didn't know about the strategy, but I'll link Don's video instead

8 minutes ago, grumm9690 said:

Isn't it just the same thing like what Don Giani made video about 3 years ago? 

It's different. That method was patched out but this is the new one.

It doesn't look different but in practice, it is. The one don showed is based on distance and could be done anytime in AG's attack cycle.

This one can only be done in that tight timeframe in AG's cycle.

16 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

It's different. That method was patched out but this is the new one.

It doesn't look different but in practice, it is. The one don showed is based on distance and could be done anytime in AG's attack cycle.

This one can only be done in that tight timeframe in AG's cycle.

This is a very good point. I'm not sure if the changes to staggering just brought back Don's trick or if this is a new one. Anyway, what Don said about sometimes the character just attacking too fast and messing it up still happens.
By the way, I'm a big fan of your videos. I particularly think it's some of the best DST content available  : )

1. this is old as hell
2. this depends on having 0.4666 attack speed throughout the entire fight, as I've explained before attack speed in DST is inconsistent
3. if your world does favor 0.4666 attack speed then the easiest way to pull this off is to make him charge against the void and hit him from behind and voila you've stunlocked him, no positioning or timing required

youre welcome

2 minutes ago, Guille6785 said:

1. this is old as hell
2. this depends on having 0.4666 attack speed throughout the entire fight, as I've explained before attack speed in DST is inconsistent
3. if your world does favor 0.4666 attack speed then the easiest way to pull this off is to make him charge against the void and hit him from behind and voila you've stunlocked him, no positioning or timing required

youre welcome

Are you sure?

It feels different but to be fair, I don't remember trying AG stunlock post their supposed stunlock fix.

Just now, lakhnish said:

Are you sure?

It feels different but to be fair, I don't remember trying AG stunlock post their supposed stunlock fix.

this is completely unrelated to the changes they made to ag, the only changes they made were to his aggro making it less buggy but his charge still gets stopped by the same things as before

Archived