no walrus camps are being created since patch?

I tried creating new world 3 times and no walrus camps are going in it, i tried changing sizes of world and putting lots of walrus camps in world generating options but no camps are being created.

I use this to check:

ThePlayer.components.talker:Say(tostring(c_countprefabs("walrus_camp")))

It was not happening before the last update.

Its my first post here, so sorry if i'm breaking any kind of rules or not posting in the right side. please admins move this post or fix it as you like. I just tried to help.

7 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

We literally had the second roadmapped QoL in October.

That one was a bonus :> and has been confirmed to be a bonus by Joe. At this point though since a lot of people keep thinking it was the real one Klei may just have cut their loses. Especially since there was no metion of it in the last update. Joe only said that he couldn't talk about it and more was going to be revealed at a later date.

@Mike23Ua has the receipts.

As for the thread, I haven't been able to get the triple Mctusk camp to spawn since Waterlogged.

I had it happen where the counting console command you used didn't count any walrus camps I hadn't visited.  Try doing the c_gonext("walrus_camp") and see if it ports you.

I have this happen with totally normal trees and walrus camps.  idk why.  Its been going on for a long time actually...

edit - I just created a world, at spawn did the counting command you used and it returned 0, but did c_gonext("walrus_camp") and found I had 4 walrus camps in my world.  I used zero mods for this test.

1 hour ago, HowlVoid said:

This is happening to me after setting Mctusk to more. 

Are you doing a count console command and resetting?  Or are you using gonext or actually exploring and just not finding one?  Are you not finding any walrus camp or are you only not finding triple mac tusk?

It is possible to have many worldgens in a row without getting triple mac tusk since its random.  idk if you're using a mod to force it or not, but I had to generate about 10 worlds the other day before I got a triple mac tusk one.

14 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

That one was a bonus :> and has been confirmed to be a bonus by Joe. At this point though since a lot of people keep thinking it was the real one Klei may just have cut their loses. Especially since there was no metion of it in the last update. Joe only said that he couldn't talk about it and more was going to be revealed at a later date.

@Mike23Ua has the receipts.

I'd really like to see those receipts then, cause this whole thing sounds wildly unrealistic.

20 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

I'd really like to see those receipts then, cause this whole thing sounds wildly unrealistic.

read the previous patch, joew said in the line talking about moving the crossover to this month

also mike have share many times a screenshot from a private conversation with joew explaining the whole thing with few more details

is that hard to believe? they planned a QoL and crossover update but we only got the pause button QoL so they as extra wanna add more QoL to compensate (like if was needed) the waiting

26 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

read the previous patch, joew said in the line talking about moving the crossover to this month

also mike have share many times a screenshot from a private conversation with joew explaining the whole thing with few more details

is that hard to believe? they planned a QoL and crossover update but we only got the pause button QoL so they as extra wanna add more QoL to compensate (like if was needed) the waiting

I'd love to see those screenshots. (Sorry, but Mike has a lot... like, a lot of posts and my time is rather limited these days.)

In the meantime, the impression I (and most people I've talked to) have gotten was that Klei simply moved that the crossover was originally meant for October and the QoL for November and that they simpled switched them around.

According to the person who made the October QoL, the pause feature alone took like 5 weeks to implement; so it doesn't strike me as the sort of thing they cobbled together at the last moment, but rather as something that was already in the works before they realized the crossover would be delayed.

9 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

I'd love to see those screenshots. (Sorry, but Mike has a lot... like, a lot of posts and my time is rather limited these days.)

In the meantime, the impression I (and most people I've talked to) have gotten was that Klei simply moved that the crossover was originally meant for October and the QoL for November and that they simpled switched them around.

According to the person who made the October QoL, the pause feature alone took like 5 weeks to implement; so it doesn't strike me as the sort of thing they cobbled together at the last moment, but rather as something that was already in the works before they realized the crossover would be delayed.

i didnt said that they cobbled together at the last moment lmao

just read the damn QoL update topic, joew explains it in the OP

18 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

JoeW these bugs people are having happen wouldn't happen to have anything to do with that mystery second Roadmapped QOL that’s coming would it??  Sounds like a bunch of world Gen related stuff went AWOL with Eye for an Eye update.

Why would klei intentionally add/ignore world gen bugs to hype up a future QoL update????? What??????

Sorry for off topic but if the QOL we got in October was a bonus wouldn't this mean the actual QOL has to come out in December along with Wolfgang's rework? Else it won't be part of the roadmap since the roadmap covers the current year and not 2022...

46 minutes ago, Geo95 said:

Sorry for off topic but if the QOL we got in October was a bonus wouldn't this mean the actual QOL has to come out in December along with Wolfgang's rework? Else it won't be part of the roadmap since the roadmap covers the current year and not 2022...

Maybe the real QoL was the friends we made along the way.

I asked mr JoeW for permission before I shared those discussions, because I’m not a jerk & if people tell me something I’m not supposed to tell anyone else then I keep it to myself.. the world would be a better place if more people were actually trust worthy. But anyways- Joe says he will have more details about future content plans at a later date (sometime after the Terraria cross-over) he also made it very clear that the Bonus QoL update we got in October was added in as a Bonus & there’s still another one coming that May or May not have been moved into 2022.

When it’s time for us to know more details we will know more details I guess.. :) 

4 hours ago, Geo95 said:

It may have been pushed into 2022.

11 hours ago, Shosuko said:

Are you doing a count console command and resetting?  Or are you using gonext or actually exploring and just not finding one?  Are you not finding any walrus camp or are you only not finding triple mac tusk?

It is possible to have many worldgens in a row without getting triple mac tusk since its random.  idk if you're using a mod to force it or not, but I had to generate about 10 worlds the other day before I got a triple mac tusk one.

I explored my worlds, my world is a donut shape with a hole in it so I just assumed the world ran out of room for triple Mctusk biome as it looped back. Happened 3 times before I gave up as it takes a long time for me to explore my worlds on console (no commands). Weird thing is I kept getting a biome that resembles the triple Mctusk, the small patch of forest and rocky turf with a tall bird on it, but not camps.

Archived