let us catch saladmanders using traps

Pretty sure you already know this- but you can create your own Saladmander and Carrats with mad scientist lab during Hallowed Nights event

I kind of hope to see Wilson’s rework taken in that direction and explained away with Science and the Secret Knowledge he obtained from his reign on the Shadow Throne.

I mean yes it would make the science lab from Hallowed Nights a little less special- BUT.. they can always just improve Hallowed Nights to not just be about the potions lab ;) 

Anyways- I fully agree being able to trap & capture cute Saladmander pets would be awesome. 
though- proceed with great caution- they do gain the element of Fire.. so avoid accidental unwanted consequences.

24 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

that is fixed by not allowing killing them while they are in the inventory...

Why would anyone want to kill such beautiful creatures? Wendy only hates Glommer.. she likes the hostile Saladmander that stabs people with its stabby stabby tail.

(also aside from a Mad Science Lab potion aren’t these things non-renewable?)

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

Why would anyone want to kill such beautiful creatures? Wendy only hates Glommer.. she likes the hostile Saladmander that stabs people with its stabby stabby tail.

(also aside from a Mad Science Lab potion aren’t these things non-renewable?)

who knows, i like to keep them alive and lately i set them to more since some can be killed by CC

and yes, they arent renewable in outside of halloween event which is sad. i suggested that hammering a  giant dragon fruit grow on the moon island will hatch and a saladmander will pop up

7 minutes ago, Well-met said:

you're still neutering their existence for free with no retaliation or consequence whatsoever

so? lets be honest,  they dont affect survival at all. Most people uses them as decoration so why bother? i dont even care if this change isn't made because i can asume telelocation but making things that doesn't affect survival difficult or annoying just makes the game grindier and unfun for non veterans

23 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

so?

so imagine if you could trap a beefalo like this - seeing how its very nearly the same health and damage pool. it would be ridiculous because beefalo loot is justified by their threat.

salads aren't worthless critters like a lonely spider or frog, they're the main force of the moon island. Since they're not actively hunting players down it would be even easier than normal to basket them.

Just now, Well-met said:

so imagine if you could trap a beefalo like this - seeing how its very nearly the same health and damage pool. it would be ridiculous because beefalo loot is justified by their threat.

salads aren't worthless critters like a lonely spider or frog, they're the main force of the moon island. Since they're not actively hunting players down it would be even easier than normal to basket them.

but you will only be able to move them, not killing them

what ever, i dont care. Telelocator focus is a thing, lets spook casual and new players..

6 minutes ago, Well-met said:

I can trap a Beefalo by bonding it with a bell luring it away from it’s herd and killing it without the others paying me any attention.

The game has drastically changed.. some people refuse to open their eyes and see that- but it has.

Also: you can now exit your worlds at any time to re-activate old events, so if for whatever reason you didn’t build the Hallowed Nights Mad Science lab you can toggle that back on and build it- Science lab allows you to use Lunar potion on Dragonfruit to turn it into Saladmander.

You can do this at ANY TIME NOW so the Saladmander are now renewable in worlds Thats let them go extinct.

Archived