Cluster conquest achievement details

The "cluster conquest" achievement is currently phrased as "Land dupes or rovers on all worlds in the cluster". When we click to see more details, there is a single checkbox saying "Duplicants or rovers landed on X of 9 planetoids".

From my experience, rocket landings don't count. My current playthrough has been created before those achievements were added and I am frequently landing dupes on multiple planetoids, but I am still sitting on 1/9. If only dupes landing in trailblazer modules count towards that achievement, then it would be useful to rephrase the achievement accordingly.

If only trailblazers or rovers count, it also means that we need to send a rocket on the teleporter planet regardless, even if we have sent a dupe there? Or does sending a duplicant through the teleporter count? In any case, I feel like as soon as a duplicant that wasn't initially on a planetoid sets foot on that planetoid via any means (rocket, teleporter, trailblazer, crash landing, etc.), it should count towards the achievement.

About the "click to see more details" checkbox: perhaps having a checkbox for each planetoid in the cluster and have them get ticked off as a trailblazer or rover module lands on it could be nice (a little bit like the GMO A-OK achievement). I think it would be easier to keep track of the achievement that way.

Edit: And now I've tried landing dupes via trailblazer on multiple planetoids but it still says 1/9, so the achievement might be bugged for older saves. It would be nice to have some input from others who have landed dupes on recent worlds after the new achievements were created - what counts and doesn't count towards that achievement?

On 10/31/2021 at 5:48 PM, NeoDeusMachina said:

And now I've tried landing dupes via trailblazer on multiple planetoids but it still says 1/9, so the achievement might be bugged for older saves. It would be nice to have some input from others who have landed dupes on recent worlds after the new achievements were created - what counts and doesn't count towards that achievement?

Mine says 2/9, does seem to count rovers.

8 minutes ago, AndreyKl said:

Mine says 2/9, does seem to count rovers.

Yeah, I just found out that even in a saves older than the new achievements, rovers seem to work. However, landing dupes via trailblazer modules, rockets landing, or crash landing (abandon ship) does not count. I am assuming it might be the same for newer saves, but confirmation from someone who has tried in a recent save would be great.

It might be that the achievement is bugged, in which case we should probably file in a bug report if it hasn't already been done.

So uhh, seems like it is bugged out on my save file after all. I landed a rover on all 9 planetoids and got the colony achievement. As you can see un the screenshot below, steam achievements are still unlocked in the save file (been doing some of the new achievements without issues):

457140_20211101190350_1.thumb.png.e72a4fc78271c588b6b41d1149911159.png

But for some reason, it did not register on Steam:

600798354_ONIclusterconquestnotunlockingonsteam.png.3decdae68f7fbd813211870b28f72acf.png

Anyone else having that issue? Just trying to figure out if it's a "me" problem on an older save file or if it's a general issue before I log in a bug report.

Archived