[Game Update] - 481873

2 hours ago, RageLeague said:

That is the thing I am also wondering. You said "somewhere in UnityEngine web page", but I have no idea where on the webpage does your information come from. If you don't provide an explicit link then there is no way to verify your claim.

go google yourself if you interested. i not find that link anymore at fast search

its typed somewhere performance or it was at in garbage collection section

i think i something read from here

https://learn.unity.com/tutorial/fixing-performance-problems#5c7f8528edbc2a002053b595

but there was something more

Edited by gabberworld

8 hours ago, gabberworld said:

go google yourself if you interested. i not find that link anymore at fast search

its typed somewhere performance or it was at in garbage collection section

i think i something read from here

https://learn.unity.com/tutorial/fixing-performance-problems#5c7f8528edbc2a002053b595

but there was something more

This is a nice basic article describing what garbage collection is and how it works.
I would recommend reading section "What is allocated on the stack and the heap?" because it explains main difference between local objects on stack and garbage collected objects.
Examples you found in code and are providing are only of locally allocated objects - there is no garbage collection happening there.

Your question where fps is gone is still valid - but it's most likely not in changes you are presenting. Those changes look like coding style changes or simplification of if conditions (that bool flag separate for each if would be considered excessive where I work and we'd ask it to be removed before PR would be merged).

• Big Ups 1

1 hour ago, Orzelek said:

This is a nice basic article describing what garbage collection is and how it works.
I would recommend reading section "What is allocated on the stack and the heap?" because it explains main difference between local objects on stack and garbage collected objects.
Examples you found in code and are providing are only of locally allocated objects - there is no garbage collection happening there.

Your question where fps is gone is still valid - but it's most likely not in changes you are presenting. Those changes look like coding style changes or simplification of if conditions (that bool flag separate for each if would be considered excessive where I work and we'd ask it to be removed before PR would be merged).

oni started develop at unity 5 days,  in article there typed that there was issues at back then with garbage collections.

im just say that maybe unity-engine was not fully fixed from back then and some off code still may cause issues if you not use local anymore

and problem was not the functions self but how the garbage collection handled them, like skip if its local or not

if you used like this

bool flag = App.isLoading;
        if (flag)

that function guaranteed in old days that its local because you made that self

Edited by gabberworld