A good Maxwell main streamer/youtuber?

there are two that come to mind. First was of course Helicalpuma, bless him. However, his run should be pretty dated with the addition of new content...

Which brings me to one who followed in his footsteps:

While this does not include CC yet this should provide insight and is a bit more recent. Hope it it helps.

14 hours ago, Dr. Safety said:

I've been looking for one myself. I know at one point FreddoFilms was a Maxwell main, but I'm not sure about as of late. It's an untapped market lol

I guess part of the reason is that Maxwell is really mediocre past mid-game, since gathering is largely a non-issue later on, and his damage output is just normal (his duelist suck), while being a really fragile character.

I feel thats the biggest problem with him, his dmg, for a character thats so fragile and has no combat aspect to compensate for that disadvantage is just weird, Wanda did it, so why not him? and take in mind Maxwell is permanently at low HP unlike Wanda who can choose to be a glass cannon or not. 

I do think Maxwell needs a big rework, gathering is mostly Woodie's strength now, but he offers more than just that, Maxwell offers nothing besides gathering, i wouldnt mind if his focus was more centered around combat, such has making his duelist more like the Forge version, that instead of being a follower, they will instead barrage the target with multiple strikes, could also improve his usage on shadow related items, like the sword or armor.

31 minutes ago, Dollmaker said:

I guess part of the reason is that Maxwell is really mediocre past mid-game, since gathering is largely a non-issue later on, and his damage output is just normal (his duelist suck), while being a really fragile character.

I feel thats the biggest problem with him, his dmg, for a character thats so fragile and has no combat aspect to compensate for that disadvantage is just weird, Wanda did it, so why not him? and take in mind Maxwell is permanently at low HP unlike Wanda who can choose to be a glass cannon or not. 

I do think Maxwell needs a big rework, gathering is mostly Woodie's strength now, but he offers more than just that, Maxwell offers nothing besides gathering, i wouldnt mind if his focus was more centered around combat, such has making his duelist more like the Forge version, that instead of being a follower, they will instead barrage the target with multiple strikes, could also improve his usage on shadow related items, like the sword or armor.

I see him as an early game gatherer but a late game summoner. I wish he had better/different damage based summons. The issue is that he might just surpass Woodie since he is currently better at gathering already, making Woodie more of a jack-of-all-trades. Making Maxwell better at combat might be stepping on Woodie's foot, but I'm okay with that honestly. It gives Maxwell and Woodie the same relationship that Wanda and Wolfgang have. One is slightly worse, but safer.

10 hours ago, Dr. Safety said:

I see him as an early game gatherer but a late game summoner. I wish he had better/different damage based summons. The issue is that he might just surpass Woodie since he is currently better at gathering already, making Woodie more of a jack-of-all-trades. Making Maxwell better at combat might be stepping on Woodie's foot, but I'm okay with that honestly. It gives Maxwell and Woodie the same relationship that Wanda and Wolfgang have. One is slightly worse, but safer.

I mentioned how i didnt minded if Maxwell became weaker at gathering, such has him being closer to his DS version where he actually has to help rather than just being near, if it means improving his damage aspect, which right now is just normal, which is wrong for a character with such a huge disadvantage.

Not counting Wes since he is meant to be a challenge character with mostly downsides.  

14 hours ago, Dollmaker said:

Maxwell complements well with a beefalo as his damage source and HP tank. And I personally feel that he is very playable when staying long term in the caves / ruins, since he doesn't have to worry about sanity.

I also feel that Maxwell is still useful during late-game, especially with preparing for setups to mass-farm nightmare fuel (and fighting Shadow Pieces) or quickly clearing ruins in between nightmare phases. He's not hard stuck with healing foods and armor unlike Woodie's transformations, and his high sanity pool allows him to make really good use of Night Armor and Dark Swords in many occasions.

I wouldn't mind seeing him get a refresh especially for his Shadow Puppets, but I do feel that he is still in a rather sweet spot for players who are always worried about sanity problems.

3 minutes ago, Dollmaker said:

You mean the Thulecite Crown? 

I havent play in a while so idk. 

i mean the drop from celestial champion https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Enlightened_Crown with his sanity reg. the enlightened crown works better than in other characters

edit: i just remember that the crown doesnt work if maxwell has puppeds so... lets say that the crown sucks with him when you are getting resources but is very good when not

6 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Well, klei buffed his lategame with the addition of the CC crown

Maxwell is kind of bad with the crown though. He can't use any shadows at all or the enlightened crown will deactivate.
image.thumb.png.0f9b385286cf526f6f419126896d55f6.png

I guess the 6+ sanity per minute makes it a bit easier to keep your sanity when fighting so you can output more gestalts. Atleast he's not Wes/Willow/Webber, lol.

But if you wanna use the crown just doing regular gathering with your shadows? Well, you can't! :(

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i mean the drop from celestial champion https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Enlightened_Crown with his sanity reg. the enlightened crown works better than in other characters

edit: i just remember that the crown doesnt work if maxwell has puppeds so... lets say that the crown sucks with him when you are getting resources but is very good when not

Imagine how broken it would be if the threshold for the CC crown buff functioned the same way the enlightenment threshold works for Maxwell on the lunar island

Archived