A simple suggestion.

I feel like one or two more upgrades on the space inside would be neat.  Maybe an incentive to use hydrogen rockets?
As it stands now, I saturate my interior with 20kg oxygen, put a carbon skimmer and water reservoir, a toilet on the wall, bed ladders for 3 dupes, a fridge, battery, manual generator.

If I had more space, I'd probably get rid of the wall toilet and use one where I can get the pwater back, maybe a sink somewhere.
I'd maybe even put a sieve so I can recycle that water.  Is it hard to imagine a rocket that recycles in such a way?  Doesn't nasa do that?
I'd love to see a rocket with a farm on it.

Spaceships anyone?

19 hours ago, Astrologic said:

I feel like one or two more upgrades on the space inside would be neat.

Would be nice if sightseeing module came back as a small high-burden extension.

But personally I find starfarer to be sufficient for 20-40 cycles long missions for multiple dupes (suit lockers, barracks, mess hall and a toilet rooms included). I don't like how I have to use doors instead of ladder, but it's either taking one more dupe+suit or ladders, dupe wins.

put a carbon skimmer and water reservoir

That's a lot of space. Why not pump co2 into a gas tank? Personally I use a mini-pump and a sensor to pump co2 out. Wall toilet require very little water, so a dozen pipes is more than enough as a storage for multiple cycles.

A smaller, less efficient skimmer would have been nice to have, but water is too problematic to store in sufficient quantities.

battery, manual generator

Why would you have that inside? More advanced rockets produce their own power. Sadly rockets require a battery module to work with external power source, but rockets fly and provide power fine without one and said battery module still saves limited interior space so it's good enough for most rockets. Just add a solar panel not far from a landing pad to power the rocket when grounded.

1 hour ago, AndreyKl said:

Would be nice if sightseeing module came back as a small high-burden extension.

But personally I find starfarer to be sufficient for 20-40 cycles long missions for multiple dupes (suit lockers, barracks, mess hall and a toilet rooms included). I don't like how I have to use doors instead of ladder, but it's either taking one more dupe+suit or ladders, dupe wins.

That's a lot of space. Why not pump co2 into a gas tank? Personally I use a mini-pump and a sensor to pump co2 out. Wall toilet require very little water, so a dozen pipes is more than enough as a storage for multiple cycles.

A smaller, less efficient skimmer would have been nice to have, but water is too problematic to store in sufficient quantities.

Why would you have that inside? More advanced rockets produce their own power. Sadly rockets require a battery module to work with external power source, but rockets fly and provide power fine without one and said battery module still saves limited interior space so it's good enough for most rockets. Just add a solar panel not far from a landing pad to power the rocket when grounded.

I store food that decomposes inside the rocket, I need power during flight to preserve the food as much as possible.  I really should just start using space jam.

Archived