Anything I don't know about creating volt goat herds?

I am currently on day 530+ and for the life of me I couldn't find ONE volt goat herd through hunting in spring rain in the oasis. Majority of the times the tracks led me out of the oasis biome and when I actually had the luck to get all the tracks in the oasis I got a Varg. Is there something that they changed recently about creating herds and also could this be because my base is in the oasis?

You're just unlucky I think. If you see the tracks leading out of the Oasis stop following then- there's a high chance they will respawn in the correct biome after they disappear. The hunt is still about luck, so if you don't consider it cheating you can set hunt surprises (?) To none. If not, then just keep going. 

I tried to do this with also searching for tracks outside of the biome but leading into it, and if they were in the wrong direction or something just abandoning them. 

5 hours ago, BezKa said:

You're just unlucky I think. If you see the tracks leading out of the Oasis stop following then- there's a high chance they will respawn in the correct biome after they disappear. The hunt is still about luck, so if you don't consider it cheating you can set hunt surprises (?) To none. If not, then just keep going. 

I tried to do this with also searching for tracks outside of the biome but leading into it, and if they were in the wrong direction or something just abandoning them. 

It just feels weird, although I am pretty sure basing in the oasis biome could play a role in this considering I have created volt goat herds via this method before when I was not basing in the oasis. The only thing that I will resort to very rarely is to use the arial view mod to see the tracks because after like 10 hunts I got tired of getting Vargs and Ewecus. At least I know that there is something that I might be doing wrong or something they changed. Thanks!

4 hours ago, Guille6785 said:

if you abandon a track that might lead out of the oasis a new one will spawn close to you very quickly

That is actually really helpful, thanks! And also love your videos!

Archived