Hot Tub too hot

In the game to finally try a hot tub. I read online for ideas but my hot tub will go to 112 F to  113 F then will not cool. Water pumping in is 99.7 F, Temp plates around it and temp 97.3, metal title under the tub and temp is 97.6F, air type is Co2 with oxygen mix in and temp is 97.2, next to tub is wheeze wort and temp is 95.1. The contents in the hot tub are water at 99.7 F and bleach stone at 97.6. 

Gold tubs

First time tub went up to 130 F before bleach stone was added, cooling to 112 F to 113 F...temp did not move warmer or cooler for over 5 cycles.

Deleted the tub and rebuilt it. It started off good, then popped up too cold at 101 F, once it hit 102 F was to hot warming to the current temp is 112 F 113 F. I even hook auto switch and wire trying to turn the jets on. Current stats are posted above. This makes me thin it is bug. I can understand if contents were at the temp but both under 100 F.

i am clueless in what is wrong with it. All the temps are in range of the 99.9 F. The temp is holding at 112 F to 113 F.

The environment around the tub is too hot or too low in conductivity ( CO2 ) to cool the tub.  If the tub says the temperature is too low, it is because the water in it is too cold ( and it will dump the water and need refilled ).  You have to keep water going into the tub nice and hot but the tub itself not.

The only time the water is dumped out of the tub is when I load the game. Then refill back at the same temp as before, I have water storage with 760 kg in it and water temp is 102 F . Does not explain why the tub heated up to 112F, the surround temp is under 100F. Even after reload at 112F as the water is getting dumped, pops up as water too cold.

Hot tubs are bugged, heat transference (thermal conductivity) as others have said does nothing (except how fast the heat generated by the tub when in use  is transferred to the environment)

The actual issue is the hot tub is constantly runs its heat production/water_cooling even if its not being used (doesn't consume power or bleach stone at this time).

This effect should only be active when its in use but instead runs 24/7 which is 5kDTU of heat produced per second and about the same reduced from the water at the same time (which makes it look like its transfering heat with the environment)

The effect is so potent and becomes more apparent in vacuums, the heat generation of the hot tub will go over the waters max temperature when enclosed in a vacuum which means there isn't any heat exchange except between the hot tubs contents and the hot tub itself or the environment.

I posted this bug report yesterday after testing the hot tub

It's not that "hot tub can never work". It's more like it needs so much finicky setup so you would ask "does it really worth it?". It even consumes a resources that is not easily produced any other way except ranching squeaky pufts and space travel. (I only bothered to set it up once)

Ill 618 hot tub.sav 

*Colony is in a little bit of a mess after MergeDown and several mods not working, deep freezer is not set up yet but hot tub is working fine :victorious:

Here are my hot tubs... They don't travel through time but work nonetheless. The map is already taxing on my computer, so screenshots should do.

The first one became part of my walk in freezer, hot water comes from saunas, which in turn get their steam from the freezer thingmajig. I don't cook tons of food and store it, so that's why only ingredients are seen for the most part.

Worthy of note is that insulated pipes are ceramic in both setups. Both are cooled by the centralized loop that runs polluted water. I did not take screenshots of the squeaky farm.

1257417321_Hottubv1.thumb.png.8e45c1744aecc0ed486cdfd822fd8de0.png

565267785_Hottubv1pipes.thumb.png.318d9eacb71400947105237c89c7ffe2.png

And the second one is a fall back if the first one runs out of water for very long.

1516524579_Hottubv2.png.9183219e932bfe4bd0d7fd0746333d85.png15584976_Hottubv2pipes.png.426ac770b6631956c45b75d7a7606d05.png

my typical solution for hot tubs simply involves putting them in a small amount of liquid so whatever small-scale cooling i give them is much more effective. Hot tubs are pretty nice, if you've already got some kind of cooling solution nearby it can simply siphon off of.

Archived