Things burn in oasis if you are standing outside of it.

Ive played this game for sometime and today I got angry with mechanics you guys have created.

• Oasis is supposed to be safe space for my BASE to COUNTER wildfires and you want to tell me that if I stand outside the oasis things will BURN inside because I am not standing in there? Is this the mechanics that we are supposed to have?? I am literally blow away by this. There is that one huge sandstorm inside even though I am not inside, so how come things burn there when they shouldn't?? Why things dont burn only when im inside of storm?

• With the new update you are releasing this week, if I am standing inside tree shade things still can catch on fire outside? How should I counter this mechanics? 

• Do you also want to tell me that if I am standing outside tree shade things will burn inside same like with oasis?

Literally I feel like if I start playing with wildfires I am NOWHERE safe, only in caves.... These mechanics are ridiculous and dont make any sense... there is no way to counter this. why should I build flingos inside oasis? Why are these mechanics dependant on the location of the player? 

Yes, is kinda silly that things can burn in safe places just because the player isnt there

I recommend you to go outside of the oasis at afternoon or night or, if you really need to go out or in at day, leave the area quick so, in case of smouldering, the fire cant spread for being offscreen. Lureplants help since they have priority to suffer wildfires

You can also bring with you a fan or icestaff. Is useful even if you base in the oasis since you can save resources for setting on fire in your expeditions

Is what i do and i only experience 1 fire (i was just about to enter into the oasis at day) in +3340 days

Idk about the new shades but wont be rare if they work in the same way that the sand storm

18 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Yes, is kinda silly that things can burn in safe places just because the player isnt there

I recommend you to go outside of the oasis at afternoon or night or, if you really need to go out or in at day, leave the area quick so, in case of smouldering, the fire cant spread for being offscreen. Lureplants help since they have priority to suffer wildfires

You can also bring with you a fan or icestaff. Is useful even if you base in the oasis since you can save resources for setting on fire in your expeditions

Is what i do and i only experience 1 fire (i was just about to enter into the oasis at day) in +3340 days

Idk about the new shades but wont be rare if they work in the same way that the sand storm

don't forget that the watering cans can extinguish too and since you can refill in the oasis lake its another cheap alternative to stop smoldering

12 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

The canopy does not work like the sandstorm. No matter where the player is standing, objects under the canopy will not spontaneously smolder and objects outside the canopy will smolder as they normally would.

I hope that means that klei will change the sandstorm

I agree it's kinda stupid that it can all burn if a player is outside the sandstorm. Makes it that you can't use boats near oasis base anyway or or other biomes if they are too close. They should 100% make it work like the canopy, sounds much better.  

Archived