Producing Extra Niobium By melting Germ Sensor

On 8/18/2021 at 11:27 AM, Tranoze said:

I mean use thermium instead of niobium for germ sensor, as thermium will melt into 95% tungsten and 5% niobium, and it melt at 2700, which can be done easily with rocket, and when it melt, it turn in to solid tungsten and liquid niobium. Since you are not building germ sensor base on any of it's material, and tungsten will go back to molecular forge, the new thermium will start at low temp and plastic will never melt.

Thermium melts into niobium only, I believe.

9 minutes ago, goatt said:

so i just tried in game. Thermium tiles melts into 95% tungsgen, Thermium germ sensor melts to niobium only

If you still in game can you try other building like steam turbine?, oxylite refinery? 

On 8/14/2021 at 8:23 PM, Prince Mandor said:

Tested this one. It doesn't work. If duplicants bring plastic first, it became sour gas before they start to build. Works only if, by chance, they bring metal first and starts building immediatly after bringing plastic

it work only if area is cold other way yes no way it fill work

1 hour ago, Tranoze said:

it sound like a bug

This phenomenon is known. But I don't think it's exploity even if it's a bug. It requires lots of manual work from the player, and can't be automated fully. This should compensate its overpowered feature and make it more unappealing.

On 8/21/2021 at 3:38 AM, Tranoze said:

we should test with all other building using thermium, not just plastic based one when they melt, if they are all turned to niobium when they melt then it sound like a bug.

But this is standard forge recipe -- melt 100 kg thermium for 100 kg niobium, isn't it ?

Archived