New item Idea: Lantern Oil.

To get an equal amount of fuel as the lantern oil suggested by OP with slurtle slime it would require ~53 slurtle slime so in no way is this suggestion "just slurtle slime but with more steps" lol. 

I really like this idea and i could see myself using it especially while sailing. Id maybe suggest changing the light bulb requirement for slurtle slime though to make it less cheap since it would be a huge QoL improvement to not need to go to the caves as often to get bulbs for those who dont have bundling wraps or forest skeleton. 

5 minutes ago, Ohan said:

To get an equal amount of fuel as the lantern oil suggested by OP with slurtle slime it would require ~53 slurtle slime so in no way is this suggestion "just slurtle slime but with more steps" lol. 

Yeah, I somehow missed the "10 uses" part. 

Just now, MAMMAL_MAN said:

cant you get lightbulbs from skitter squids?

Hence the "nigh".

Skittersquids are a terrible source of Lightbulbs.

Step 1: You gotta go sailing, which is not exactly a small time/resource investment.

Step 2: You have to actually encounter a herd of Skittersquids.

Step 3: You gotta find a way to aggro them, as they often swim out of melee range and are not naturally aggressive towards the player.

Step 4: Kill them for a 10% chance of a single Lightbulb per Skittersquid.

Step 5: If you didn't get 5 Lightbulbs from a single herd, which you almost never will, you have to store them somewhere and repeat this process before the first batch of Lightbulbs turn to Rot.

Does that sound like a remotely enjoyable experience to you?

2 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

Hence the "nigh".

Skittersquids are a terrible source of Lightbulbs.

Step 1: You gotta go sailing, which is not exactly a small time/resource investment.

Step 2: You have to actually encounter a herd of Skittersquids.

Step 3: You gotta find a way to aggro them, as they often swim out of melee range and are not naturally aggressive towards the player.

Step 4: Kill them for a 10% chance of a single Lightbulb per Skittersquid.

Step 5: If you didn't get 5 Lightbulbs from a single herd, which you almost never will, you have to store them somewhere and repeat this process before the first batch of Lightbulbs turn to Rot.

Does that sound like a remotely enjoyable experience to you?

Idk why klei added them to give them just 10% of drop

10 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Idk why klei added them to give them just 10% of drop

FIller mob to make the sea feel more populated I guess.

At most, you can use them as a last resort miner hat/lantern fuel while you are sailing.

EDIT: Apparently, the drop rate for Lightbulbs is 33%, which is considerably better than I thought. Still not a great source of them, however.

31 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

FIller mob to make the sea feel more populated I guess.

At most, you can use them as a last resort miner hat/lantern fuel while you are sailing.

EDIT: Apparently, the drop rate for Lightbulbs is 33%, which is considerably better than I thought. Still not a great source of them, however.

It should be atleast 70% for those who cant play with 2 shards

Archived