Slime Lung messed up and metal heat

I talked out this in one of my posts on bug tracker. Slime lung is out of control and grows in the wrong gas type. Since I posted in bug tracker. I tried to keep playing the game but feel it is time to stop playing until these issues are address. The map is the first one but a lot of marsh biomes. To space and lava seem to be smaller than older maps.I keep having issues with slime lung surviving and growing in the wrong gas types. It does not die off in Co2 or oxygen areas but grows. to work in the oil biome, I made few rooms and checked the gas overlay which had no polluted air in. My first suit bay was taking damage for wrong element type. It had oxygen with slime lung in the pipes. For the oxygen room, I made sure it was a vacuum before making oxygen. When I was filling storage tank for oxygen, it has slime lung in the tank. I have few areas that were pure Co2 and had slime lung over 20k. My air cleaners will not do anything about slime lung to clean it out of the air. 

For the metal heat. Got my first metal volcano (right side of the map). It was nice to get refined copper. After many cycles of waiting to have the area cool off. I finally try to move the refine copper out of the volcano area (it was in sleep mode) then had the dupes drop it. I had them drop in the cool warm areas. (gotten them away from 500+ F temps) which are high 90's F to 110's F. If you turn on temp overlay, easy to find. Two different pipes in different areas and very slow to cool off. From around 1,000 F to now one is still over 400+ F while the other is barely under 400 F. I had hot salt water around 180 F but the time pick up the metal was still in the high 200+ F temps. 

Here is my current save folder if people want to see what I am talking about.

Bunker.zip

TL;DR Oxygen defusers, water sieves and deoderizers don't kill germs

Your atmo suits are NOT being broken by germs on oxygen but rather other gases getting into your algae defuser chamber when your duplicants go to refill your algae defusers.

Polluted water/oxygen doesn't signify germs but rather a contaminated element/environment that can multiple germs, by passing polluted oxygen thru a deoderizer to change it from polluted oxygen to normal oxygen changes the environment the germs sit in but doesn't kill the germs.

Germs that sit on algae that you dig up from slime biomes also transfer the germs on it to the oxygen they produce (meaning if you pipe that germ ladden oxygen around your base, your whole base is gonna be covered with germs.

Having said that I checked your save file and bearly saw slimelung in your base which I presume is because you ran out of algae to feed your algae defusers except near the slimebiomes (which is normal), the spots that had slimelung weren't growing in value too but simply moving to the tiles next to it (which might be what made you think it was growing).

Unless a gas packet combines, the germs present on it remains with that gas packet moving with that gas packet (If carbon dioxide moves from the top of the room to the bottom of the room, the germs on it remain with that specific carbon dioxide gas packet even if its surrounded by other carbon dioxide)

Germs do transfer a little to the tiles next to it, but its very little in value and usually the the germs need to be at a certain amount before it transfers (gas to gas transferal and liquid to liquid transferal only).

Oxygen does very slowly kill germs, but it can spread a significant distance before it dies off if the amount of germs on it is significant enough, if you click on the oxygen/carbon dioxide that has germs in it and click the germ tab, you will notice the slimelung is in a state of "half life" and a estimated time for all of the germs to die off (can be just a few cycles and sometimes going 20+ cycles to die off, this number is dependant on how much germs at actually on said element)

The main effective way to kill germs on gases(/liquids) is:

- (for gases) Either over powering it with a few buddy bud plants which overpowers the germs with floral sents which is considered its own germs(you can only have 1 type of germ on a element at a time).

- Or with chlorine, Sitting chlorine gas next to something that you want germs killed does not kill the germs, you have to have the germs physically sitting inside the chlorine gas's tile to have the effects to work, such as debrie, or gas/liquid reservoirs (pipes don't clean its contents in chlorine, it has to sit in a tank inside chlorine environment to work).

- Another option is either hot or cold environments, but the heat/chill usually needs to be so hot/cold, that it isn't worth the trouble using that method unless your at endgame using power efficient machines/materials.

In game guide talks about slime lung and wiki is the same about dying in short time not lasting or growing in oxygen. 

Growth Factors (from wiki)

Pressure Range: 0 kg to 1000 kg

Surrounded by Polluted Water: +4% / cycle

Surrounded by Polluted Oxygen: +4% / cycle

Growing on Slime: +15% / cycle

If you let my save play out, you will see slime lung is growing not dying off like it should. Co2 for a ration box is sterile atmosphere. If that is true than slime lung should not growing or surviving past 5 cycles. I started a tunnel down towards the oil biome than stop to do other parts of the map. About 30 cycles past in a pure Co2 tunnel had no slime present or polluted air/water. The pressure was around 2,000 k/g for the Co2. Cold or hot areas, tried it already. If cold not deep freeze, it can survive. Another map had it over 200+ F and it still survived. turn on germ overlay, the polluted water has 0% in oil biome but there is a pocket of Co2 that has over 50k slime lung. -3/per sec. Half life is 20 cycles. The temp is 187 F and still growing. By one of my freezers, temp was 16 F in Co2 the slime lung was in the single digits but still able to survive. 

The counter per cycle was off by miles. I should not be fighting slime lung over 10 cycles. 

Temperature Range: 10 °C to 100 °C for F temperature that is 50 F to 212 F 

Around my freezer and in it under 50 F with very slow kill rate after many cycle past

Decline Factors (from wiki)
Dying on Solid (other than Slime or Algae): -13% / cycle
Dying on Liquid: -29% / cycle
Dying on Gas (other than Oxygen and Chlorine): -3% / cycle
Dying on Oxygen: -29% / cycle    
Dying on Chlorine: -100% / cycle
Surrounded by Oxygen: -13% / cycle
Surrounded by Chlorine: -100% / cycle

But it is not doing this. For slime lung got like rewritten. 

-13% per cycle, I was lucky 0.1 drop per sec. for 1,000+ F temp

25 minutes ago, Silverspeedy said:

In game guide talks about slime lung and wiki is the same about dying in short time not lasting or growing in oxygen. 

Growth Factors (from wiki)

Pressure Range: 0 kg to 1000 kg

Surrounded by Polluted Water: +4% / cycle

Surrounded by Polluted Oxygen: +4% / cycle

Growing on Slime: +15% / cycle

If you let my save play out, you will see slime lung is growing not dying off like it should. Co2 for a ration box is sterile atmosphere. If that is true than slime lung should not growing or surviving past 5 cycles. I started a tunnel down towards the oil biome than stop to do other parts of the map. About 30 cycles past in a pure Co2 tunnel had no slime present or polluted air/water. The pressure was around 2,000 k/g for the Co2. Cold or hot areas, tried it already. If cold not deep freeze, it can survive. Another map had it over 200+ F and it still survived. turn on germ overlay, the polluted water has 0% in oil biome but there is a pocket of Co2 that has over 50k slime lung. -3/per sec. Half life is 20 cycles. The temp is 187 F and still growing. By one of my freezers, temp was 16 F in Co2 the slime lung was in the single digits but still able to survive. 

The counter per cycle was off by miles. I should not be fighting slime lung over 10 cycles. 

Temperature Range: 10 °C to 100 °C for F temperature that is 50 F to 212 F 

Around my freezer and in it under 50 F with very slow kill rate after many cycle past

Decline Factors (from wiki)
Dying on Solid (other than Slime or Algae): -13% / cycle
Dying on Liquid: -29% / cycle
Dying on Gas (other than Oxygen and Chlorine): -3% / cycle
Dying on Oxygen: -29% / cycle    
Dying on Chlorine: -100% / cycle
Surrounded by Oxygen: -13% / cycle
Surrounded by Chlorine: -100% / cycle

But it is not doing this. For slime lung got like rewritten. 

-13% per cycle, I was lucky 0.1 drop per sec. for 1,000+ F temp

What doess it say on real, not wiki, game information tab? Each object in game, including gas in a cell,  have a tab in information panel with current germs state. And all current effects is specified there, with exact numbers. What this info says about cells you think bugged?

21 minutes ago, Prince Mandor said:

50k slime lung. -3/per sec. Half life is 20 cycles.

As you can see only pure Oxygen and Chlorine is deadly for slimelung.

As game says you, 50k germs will half in 20 cycles. They will die, but slowly. In 20 cycles they become 25k, in 20 cycles more it will be 12k, and so on, until it hits really small numbers and game adds effect Dying Out for really small numbers of germ.

So, slimelung in this CO2 will happily live for about 160-200 cycles. If it don't meet a polluted oxygen cell with lot of germs and do not get more

Also, possibly it is tricky wording. -3%/cycle, means -(3/600)%/second, means 0.005%/second. And this is from current count of germs, so if you have 50k of germs it will be 1.5k per cycle or -2.5 germs per second (rounded to 3/sec), but as their amount diminishes, process became really slow, 10k will die at 300 germs per cycle, 1k at 30.

But most good thing in all this -- this slimelung  is totally harmless. Dupes do not breath in CO2, so this slimelung never became problem

What is bugged about it. It is growing and not dying. Why should Co2 have half life of 20 cycles while oxygen is 2 cycles. Co2 still moves around to touch and spread to other areas/gases. I my game I watch areas stay alive and grow and not die off. My game is in 300+ cycles. By my reed farm, there is pockets of co2 and oxygen, that been there over 100 cycles. That 50k slime lung, when I logged in the game to check was almost 52k slime lung. It is growing and not dying @Prince Mandor like you explained the above.

The big area cleaned out that was marsh, turning pollute oxygen into oxygen, slime lung been there for 10 cycles. Slime lung still living and not dying off. 5 half lifes and still in the 1k+ in oxygen surroundings. 

Watch my game play out and see if slime lung dies out or keep growing over cycles. Easy to look at the game, but watching it play out, you can see the issues.

On 7/30/2021 at 7:27 PM, Silverspeedy said:

What is bugged about it. It is growing and not dying. Why should Co2 have half life of 20 cycles while oxygen is 2 cycles. Co2 still moves around to touch and spread to other areas/gases. I my game I watch areas stay alive and grow and not die off. My game is in 300+ cycles. By my reed farm, there is pockets of co2 and oxygen, that been there over 100 cycles. That 50k slime lung, when I logged in the game to check was almost 52k slime lung. It is growing and not dying @Prince Mandor like you explained the above.

The big area cleaned out that was marsh, turning pollute oxygen into oxygen, slime lung been there for 10 cycles. Slime lung still living and not dying off. 5 half lifes and still in the 1k+ in oxygen surroundings. 

Watch my game play out and see if slime lung dies out or keep growing over cycles. Easy to look at the game, but watching it play out, you can see the issues.

Does it certainly clean and do not have any slime or polluted oxygen?

As I wrote, If CO2 bubble has PO2 neighbor overfilled with slimelung, part of slimelung germs jump from one cell to another., so each cell filled with polluted oxygen spread disease endlessly.

Here each cell of polluted oxygen spread slimelung on all this co2. So, to combat slimelung you need to clean or freeze all oxygen

Spoiler

1153628145_OxygenNotIncludedScreenshot2021_08.02-00_43_54_94.thumb.png.11d8088c2056fa67a6b28c82180fcfa8.png

Well, it is another part of information we don't have anywhere, but as long as cell overpopulated with germs, this germs try to find another place to live and moves to neighbor cells. So this is source of you eternal slimelung, spreading thousands of germs to other gases

Spoiler

795854214_OxygenNotIncludedScreenshot2021_08.02-00_48_32_91.thumb.png.ee991ecebb057f7aa16998fb809665d9.png

I get this often, I just remove the polluted oxygen that supports the "airborne bugs" and their "breeding", boom!, problem solved. Slimelung will die off this way because any other gas does not offer a favorable environment and will actually kill off the slimelung in an adequate fashion...

If the numbers are going up, then there must be PO2 or maybe PH2O nearby.  The rate at which the germs die off in CO2 is so slow that your best bet if you get a lot of germs in it is to get rid of the CO2 with a carbon skimmer.

Archived