Sea Base Challenge

you must leave the main island at the beginning of Winter (day 20)

you can base on the Sea, Pearl's island, Moon island

you can return to the main island on full moons (day is not included)

you can't enter caves until Crab King is defeated

Which character is best for this challenge? (Webber, Wendy, Woodie are my top picks)

edit: giant tree's from the waterlogged updated prevents lighting & smoldering so rushing it is a good idea

Wortox might not be the best choice, but I would pick him for hunger management. The lunar island, even with some stone fruit can be annoying to find food on. With Wortox you just chop the trees and kill the moths for souls. Also because Wortox is good at combat.

Woodie: infinity ax, tons of wood for sea boats, the Were-goose can quickly find important locations, can spawn tree guards for hound defense

Wigfrid: better than most characters for Krab King and most sea-food are meat (Leafy Meat/Barnacles)

Wurt: extremely slow in the beginning due to heavily depending on merms, limited veggie foods, lack of gold

Wormwood: bloomer can't run, health is harder to gain but can spawn infinity sanity + hunger and green thumb tab for easy dark swords

Warly: portable kitchen, can only eat meals, can't access volt jelly/glow berry mousse but can gather honey + salt + dragon salad

8 hours ago, JJ0264 said:

Wurt: extremely slow in the beginning due to heavily depending on merms, limited veggie foods, lack of gold

who cares about merms, you play wurt cause you get to eat kelp with no penalty,

In all seriousness

Wormwood can turn grass, twigs, logs, kelp, etc into hp. 

He can safely eat monster meat on the lunar island.

He is a steady source of weapons away from the main land if you don't have enough pig houses at the start. 

Cutting down trees in the moon island is beneficial.

He can also eat only carrots for 3/4 of the year.

He can also eat red mushrooms in summer from planters when carrots are no longer giving back seeds. 4 mushrooms can be recycled into 1 living log through compost so you get 3 infinite uses per mushroom planter. Only problem is that come winter you have to get more mushroom as they all turn to rot (WHY KLEI).

He's a great survivalist. 

Just does not have any unique combat abilities.

5 hours ago, Baark0 said:

who cares about merms, you play wurt cause you get to eat kelp with no penalty,

And no penalty for drowning.

about the challenge, isn’t 20 days a bit too much?

For day 10 you can have pretty much everything. I’d lower the departure day to the full moon for standard challenge (day 11) or even go all the way to day 5 for a tougher experience: Just craft a boat, an oar, get a few grass tufts, a few pinecones, and off you go.

12 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

And no penalty for drowning.

about the challenge, isn’t 20 days a bit too much?

For day 10 you can have pretty much everything. I’d lower the departure day to the full moon for standard challenge (day 11) or even go all the way to day 5 for a tougher experience: Just craft a boat, an oar, get a few grass tufts, a few pinecones, and off you go.

You can come or leave when ever you want but you can't go back after day 20 (minus full moons)

You're right about lowering the departure day though

Easy (day 20) Normal (day 12) Hard (day 5) Extreme (day 1)

Edit: btw Ice is going to be a pain to collect

1 hour ago, JJ0264 said:

Edit: btw Ice is going to be a pain to collect

I don't recall if the moonrock pengulls of lunar island nest among ice, but they drop ice when killed so at least it can be obtained.
If you leave early you are very likely of not having found any gear though, so wildfires could be a problem regardless. Unless you get lucky and find 2 eventually on a sunken chest...
At least watering cans and waterfowl cans are now a thing.

1 hour ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I don't recall if the moonrock pengulls of lunar island nest among ice, but they drop ice when killed so at least it can be obtained.
If you leave early you are very likely of not having found any gear though, so wildfires could be a problem regardless. Unless you get lucky and find 2 eventually on a sunken chest...
At least watering cans and waterfowl cans are now a thing.

Wildfires can be prevented with Giant Knotty Trees (Protect your pet Glommer)

Salt boxes/Chef Pouch's can be a Icebox alt

On 7/29/2021 at 11:06 PM, JJ0264 said:

you must leave the main island at the beginning of Winter (day 20)

you can base on the Sea, Pearl's island, Moon island

you can return to the main island on full moons (day is not included)

you can't enter caves until Crab King is defeated

Which character is best for this challenge? (Webber, Wendy, Woodie are my top picks)

edit: giant tree's from the waterlogged updated prevents lighting & smoldering so rushing it is a good idea

I think that Webber is the way to go here. This is the best character who knows how to survive in difficult conditions.

I did a similar challenge a while ago, but the key difference was: first 15 on land, gather materials for a boat and stuff. Every last 3 days of a season you're allowed to go back to land to get resources.

I did do a *pure* boat-only, but it was modded so does it really count?

5 hours ago, O_Atoba_Azul said:

I did a similar challenge a while ago, but the key difference was: first 15 on land, gather materials for a boat and stuff. Every last 3 days of a season you're allowed to go back to land to get resources.

I did do a *pure* boat-only, but it was modded so does it really count?

Most likely, this option will not be counted.

Archived