Food storage

15 hours ago, gabberworld said:

your setup i think is more energy saver, but not tested that yet, other setup cools down faster because it have more mass inside pipes

I make it early around cycle 50 and then I upgrade it with aluminum and steel, the regulator doesn't need external cooling. Barely visible in the picture is a fridge in the co2 pit, you can see the green light, it holds 6kg of whatever i want the colony to eat, the sweeper keeps it stocked from the infinite storage. To the left of the fridge is a mess hall, the botonic analyzer is there for the sleet wheat as the seeds decay. The idea/layout is mostly Francis John's.

I notice in new branch (developer build) diagonal construction is not allowed anymore.

Diagonal access is still available by autosweepers, but not by duplicants.

I suppose, it is just not intended behavior, and diagonal access by autosweepers would be disabled soon. 

Not sure about diagonal dig.

3 hours ago, DimaB77 said:

If you don't mind, give me a link to Francis John's dining room and food storage option (I couldn't find it on his YouTube channel). Maybe he has an interesting solution to add to the article.

Like I said, the regulator doesn't need a steam turbine. It heats up to 40c at around cycle 400 and thats with a nearby electric grill running all the time. It keeps the aluminum plates at -30c which keeps the adjacent chlorine gas & food at -30c, thats all that matters. Not a regulator at 40c.

49 minutes ago, degr said:

I notice in new branch (developer build) diagonal construction is not allowed anymore.

There is no "developer build" in vanilla (except for this case if it still exists)

Dig and build seem to work fine

Spoiler

image.png.3456e28e6642eb45223d935ed03b617d.pngimage.png.e37bdf407b47903d42e1bb8d5c61b273.png

They can't fetch diagonally what they dug up though

11 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

There is no "developer build" in vanilla

image.thumb.png.0054d248be1f066c48253419164095fc.png

13 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

Untitled1-1.thumb.png.929b6ede5cc3eca27c21a9ea362a00c2.png

I build autosweeper to deliver material to left one sensor, and it works, but it is unreachable for duplicants (as you can see on screenshot). Sensors on right side of screen shows no any errands (it shows "building or supplieng errand" without duplicants list).

2 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

2 hours ago, degr said:

I build autosweeper to deliver material to left one sensor, and it works, but it is unreachable for duplicants

Which one of you is right? (I don't know, tell us)

12 hours ago, DimaB77 said:

Which one of you is right?

Probably both..? :rolleyes:

It seems you can still build tiles diagonally but not buildings in the other side of a corner (I need to test that a little more)

Edit: You can build tiles and anything that can go inside it like wires/pipes but not buildings. Only exception -not inside a tile- is heavi-wat wires

1 hour ago, degr said:

in green circles:

materials delivery impossible.

I don't think an auto-sweeper is supposed to reach that 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.823fbdbca84c56515fe7ad66a6525d76.png

You can always see where can a sweeper reach

On 6/13/2021 at 2:06 PM, sakura_sk said:

Ability: I can reach here and there and through that
2042260440_sweepercorners.thumb.PNG.bc86a50b587a0bbf60d8e98653c6060e.PNG 1682205615_sweepercorners2.thumb.PNG.8e748687d4ade018e894e070e6caf4bd.PNG

12 minutes ago, Protoz2001 said:

Diagonal building construction was never possible to begin with

It was possible from a very specific spot like the "infinite one tile storage" worked. That kind of diagonal built is gone after version 471883

Archived