My QoL ideas (These ideas are better than last time trust me lol)

These are some ideas of mine of what I'd like to see in a future QoL update

My first idea is controllable chests, meaning that you can lock/unlock chests if you are the person who built that chest (actually only admins can control chests). This will prevent griefers from trying to steal your items (I guess this could work with ice/salt boxes too?), and this prevents anyone who tries to burn/hammer the chest, this includes scaled chests (although they can't burn) but not Chester, Hutch or Woby. 

I'd really like to see security cams in this game, although ocuvigils work too... either that or some sort of other security... like if someone tries to burn/hammer the items YOU (actually just the host or any other admins) built there should be an announcement that they burned / hammered a structure, better than being auto kicked / banned, I had more griefers than I can count on my servers, and I had to rebuild the whole base, this may sound very moddy but it's just an idea, not like Klei is going to add any of these anyway

I want smarter ice flingos, meaning they shouldn't be able to extinguish fire pits and endothermic ones, if you really need to extinguish them, just use watering cans, ice staves and ice in general

Another idea of mine is to be able to see the range of a lightning rod when building it or holding a pitchfork to see if it's covering enough area in your base (mostly megabases) so that your base won't burn down in spring because the lightning rod didn't have enough range to cover your base

An easier way to find a shoal (PLEASE). I always am spending 3 - 5 days finding Malbatross and it's a humongous waste of time to just kill a bird just so I can brag to the other players in the server or to just get an upgraded watering can...
The craft in mind is... Astral Detector, 4 azure feathers, and 5 reeds
We already have an easier way to find CK, so please make it to where we can find a shoal easier, please?

We should be able to adjust the amount  of mandrakes in the world settings, this could be for the people that want an easier (or harder) experience in the Constant, like putting them to more, lots, tons, or insane amount, or even none or less. I get it, they are a rare but very valuable plant, but I have a feeling some people want this change too, so I'm just throwing this out just because it's an idea of mine that I personally want in the game

More decor for megabasers that want their base to look better, such as craftable ancient statues that cost 1 thulecite and one of whatever gem you please, or nightmare fuel if you don't want a gem (they are mineable too but will give the whole recipe back)
Maybe decorations from The Gorge and The Forge? Maybe even Shipwrecked and Hamlet even (the pig houses won't be craftable though)
Hamlet turfs perhaps? I love the stone roads and the other turfs from Hamlet so much that I want them in DST for my megabases...
Maybe the idea that was in my mind since the first QoL idea post... statues for each phase of the Celestial Champion :shock:

Another fun idea in mind is this..
THE HARVESTER BEEFALO TENDENCY (is this even a QoL change?)
It should be able to harvest extra resources from plants (this includes berry bushes and juicy ones)
It harvests 4 of each resource per plant (but only 6 juicy berries) 8-)
I'm not going to get into any drawing details right now, but you get it by harvesting a lot of things on the beef, duh
Speed (25%, stacks with glossamer saddle)
Damage, it's really weak 8-) (15, stacks with war saddle, would not recommend for fighting)

Although I already found my missing Pearl's Pearl in my survival world, I still am thinking of this idea
PeArL'S PeArL beInG aBlE tO Be LocAtED oN tHe MaP
after you get it at least lol

These are my ideas for now, if I come up with more, I'll just edit this post... or I won't have any new ideas at all :shock:

Thanks for reading this unnecessarily long post :lol:

22 minutes ago, ShadowQueen said:

My first idea is controllable chests, meaning that you can lock/unlock chests if you are the person who built that chest. This will prevent griefers from trying to steal your items (I guess this could work with ice/salt boxes too?), and this prevents anyone who tries to burn/hammer the chest, this includes scaled chests (although they can't burn) but not Chester, Hutch or Woby. 

I'd really like to see security cams in this game, although ocuvigils work too... either that or some sort of other security... like if someone tries to burn/hammer the items YOU (actually just the host or any other admins) built they should be kicked from the game , if this happens multiple times they get banned, I had more griefers than I can count on my servers, and I had to rebuild the whole base (I don't use rollbacks bc that's considered cheating imo)

Locked chests carry way too many questions to be added as anything other than a mod, and they're almost definitely going to help griefers just as much if not more than normal players. Griefers being able to lock more items away than what they can hold, put a bunch of indestructible structures around messing base plans up and just looking ugly, etc. Plus you would have a lot of people who just lock away a bunch of stuff they want but don't need and didn't earn, effectively being griefers without meaning to. Your other anti-griefer measure is also very moddy.

And how is rolling back because of a griefer cheating? That's the entire point of rollbacks.

9 minutes ago, ShadowQueen said:

You sure? Can you double check the world gen settings? I see 0 mandrakes lmao

Nevermind I guess you're right. It's only in DSA, I never noticed it was removed in DST.

1 hour ago, ShadowQueen said:

I want smarter ice flingos, meaning they shouldn't be able to extinguish fire pits and endothermic ones, if you really need to extinguish them, just use watering cans, ice staves and ice in general

There's a mod for smarter flingos. So it's within the realm of possiblities.

2 hours ago, ShadowQueen said:

How would a flingo know to only put out certain types of fires? It's the same reason the end is nigh can be absorbed by lightning rods, plus, since clearly youre of the skill level to at least clear out ruins, just use star caller staves, or better yet, just dont base in an area where wildfires are, or turn them off.

I'd really like to see security cams in this game, although ocuvigils work too... either that or some sort of other security... like if someone tries to burn/hammer the items YOU (actually just the host or any other admins) built they should be kicked from the game , if this happens multiple times they get banned, I had more griefers than I can count on my servers, and I had to rebuild the whole base (I don't use rollbacks bc that's considered cheating imo)

"Hey guys, is it okay if I reorganize the kitchen to make more room for crockpots?  And we don't need this science machine anymore now that we have the alchemy engine."

Cue getting auto-kicked because the script can't read chat.

Better would be just sending some announcement when someone hammers something, either global or just whispered to the person who crafted it  There's already at least one mod that does this.

Just plan ahead and build firepits outside the flingo's range.  I've had servers in the past just for freecrafting mode to test out base layouts.

Another idea of mine is to be able to see the range of a lightning rod when building it or holding a pitchfork to see if it's covering enough area in your base (mostly megabases) so that your base won't burn down in spring because the lightning rod didn't have enough range to cover your base

Definitely useful.  There's also a mod for it.

We should be able to adjust the amount  of mandrakes in the world settings, this could be for the people that want an easier (or harder) experience in the Constant, like putting them to more, lots, tons, or insane amount, or even none or less. I get it, they are a rare but very valuable plant, but I have a feeling some people want this change too, so I'm just throwing this out just because it's an idea of mine that I personally want in the game

This.  Yes.  I tried to make an absolute hell server, but not only did it not have enough storytelling Walters, I had to use the console to spawn in my mandrake swarm.

15 hours ago, Cowboy Maxwell said:

There's a mod for smarter flingos. So it's within the realm of possiblities.

What about the console players? They can't use mods :lol:

16 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Your other anti-griefer measure is also very moddy.

Who the heck cares if it's really moddy?

13 hours ago, TemporaryMan said:

"Hey guys, is it okay if I reorganize the kitchen to make more room for crockpots?  And we don't need this science machine anymore now that we have the alchemy engine."

Cue getting auto-kicked because the script can't read chat.

Better would be just sending some announcement when someone hammers something, either global or just whispered to the person who crafted it  There's already at least one mod that does this.

You're right... there should just be an announcement, I edited the post just now :lol: 

14 hours ago, Guille6785 said:

they're supposed to

Yeah but it doesn't really make sense to me... not like firepits are going to burn down base lol

this is why I just turn off wildfires, I go to the caves in summer anyway, I just like the idea because I hate how I forget to turn off the flingos and a firepit is running, and I just hate it (I don't put my firepits out of a flingos range cuz I'm lazy)... and plus, my servers are always public, so this is why I'm turning off wildfires from now on, so I just threw out the idea of smarter flingos

Archived