I know that the topic of optimization has been touched upon here more than once, but it was 2 years ago, I decided to try playing ONI again with all its updates and additions. But what did I see again? the game is lagging behind again in a late game. This is despite the fact that a little more than a year ago I updated the configuration of my PC to the best that I could afford. And the point now is not in the low FPS as before, but the fact that several times per cycle the FPS in the game drops to 1 for a moment, but this is very annoying and prevents me enjoying the game.
My Configurations:
Amd Ryzen 7 2700 up to 3.8 Ghz
DDR4 16gb 3200mhz
Nvidia GeForce 1060 6gb

@akrabat14

image.thumb.png.310559d6488dfd8c0b62c6baae2fe98e.png

As general optimization you can deactivate 8 virtual cores, from 16 to 8, in your board bios.

The next time you upgrade ( for games ) I would recommend a top performing 4 core single threading performer - On that future cpu I can also recommend to deactivate virtual cores. Try to aim for the highest base clock cpu with the least cores and the latest monster size cpu caches. Most games are single threading, some use 2 cores.

If you have got possible upsetment, please address it toward Klei so they optimize the game further - Many thanks. :encouragement:

Thread post on virtual cores

Passmark Single Threading CPU list - Layout currently broken on that website

im play inside at unity engine atm, and it push out 4 cores at least for my cpu aka only 50%, i guess that this is unity engine self limit or it differs for different cpus, not sure why, because i read that some users can pop the 100%

maybe its unity engine bug

Archived