Regolith clearing

20 minutes ago, Tranoze said:

chance regolith drop to any setup

I don't think that's a problem. In any case, there is a drop of oil under the auto-sweeper. It will not evaporate, and the water in the pipes will not have time to heat above 100C.

30 minutes ago, DimaB77 said:

I don't think that's a problem. In any case, there is a drop of oil under the auto-sweeper. It will not evaporate, and the water in the pipes will not have time to heat above 100C.

Oh i mean it might drop under the gap you created, so you dont want important building to be in bottom of that gap. In previous version, there never been a case regolith drop 1 tile off after mining, but in this version this happened a lot.

6 hours ago, DimaB77 said:

Finding a new idea for an article is not easy. Coming up with something that others haven't thought of is even harder. And then there are many hours of testing, describing, and taking screenshots. Then you have to reread everything, correct mistakes, make the text more understandable. Then translate into someone else's language, maintain two sites, answering questions (simple and not).

All of this takes 5 to 12 HOURS OF DAILY WORK. I can afford it, since I have a lot of free time. But all this I do alone, voluntarily and without pay.

To read after that,

7 hours ago, Tranoze said:

you bring nothing new

is not very pleasant. I think you said it in the heat of the moment. If not - God is your judge.

Quite frankly, from what I've seen of your posts on here, you do actually bring very little new material. That's not inherently a bad thing, because as you say, new ideas are not easy to come by, and oftentimes when you think you've found one, someone else has already done it. That said, if you can translate from en or cn to another language, that I think has a lot of value, as the vast majority of oni material online is in en and cn, in that order. Translating en or cn material to other languages would therefore be a very helpful thing to players who don't read those languages. As for time, most everyone here volunteers their time to help others, and no one should be asking for that. We know that when we choose to help people here or anywhere. 

4 minutes ago, degr said:

Why not straight ground?

image.png

he use 8 tile per sweeper so next sweeper can reach to previous dispenser, that why he need tile like that to prevent backward delivery.
It will fit nicely as each section is direct under 2 bunker doors.

For Hjoyn only. I ask others not to look, and if you have, please treat it more leniently.

Spoiler

0. You commented on my post addressed to another member. It is considered bad form to interfere in other people's conversations here.

I'm sorry that I don't meet your criteria. I try very hard, but apparently it's not available to me. I can't do what you can do!

I "liked" your post: short, with beautiful graphics. I have a lot to learn!Tag.thumb.png.ffeb8f51c617785b08063460243aa9d1.png.0e81c48c1d164a4ef8ba5d43b0e8c145.png
What I see: Regulator, 2 locks, ethanol, chlorine, 2 bridges, 2 copper tiles, vacuum. Let's get to the bottom of this.

1. You are applying the Thermo Regulator instead of the AT. Don't you know that it has worse efficiency than the AT? With more efficiency and much less than 7 watts you can apply a AT.
2. Let's say you applied a regulator to use conventional wires. OK. There is hydrogen in the regulator circuit. Do you think that saving 9 watts (the difference in heat capacity between oxygen and hydrogen multiplied by its operating time) is that important? Do you think it would be easy for novice players to get hydrogen here?
3. You have applied 2 airlocks with a vacuum between them. Why? So that the novice players would have a hard time making them and pumping out the gases.
4. You show ethanol in the screenshot. Where will the player get ethanol on Terra? Why not immediately show everyone understandable crude oil?
5. Put exactly 1 kg of chlorine? And if there will be less or more? You wanted to show the use of gas meter?
6. Did you put the products in an atmosphere of chlorine? Did you read that chlorine has worse thermal conductivity? I will disappoint you. The higher the thermal conductivity of the gas in the food chamber, the better, the faster the food will cool down to -25C, and the less it will spoil. And it makes no difference to the overall heat balance.
7. You place the food on an insulated tile rather than a metal tile. Why? So that it cools more slowly? Don't you know that garbage exchanges heat with the bottom tile faster?
8. Two tiles, why? So the regulator would take longer to cool them, and maybe overheat at startup (unless of course it's steel)?
9. Passing through the watergate dupes will each time they get the debuff "soaked" why do you torment them?

10. All these incomprehensible complications: looping conveyor, 2 bridges at the regulator, long pipes and so on. Why? To require more materials?

Here are the simpler cooling schemes:

1484266393_1.jpg.2dc5d692e7531fd236afe8246e81047f.jpg

120854193_2.jpg.510645d3d92063c4625440cd45d3ec4b.jpg

1399755608_1.jpg.76ee66f434742b7b8c0b3a31def18d16.jpg

2076038090_2.jpg.0cab2e84f97bac9f6af4dbdb85f05f52.jpg

In the food chamber, what the dupe breathed in is carbon dioxide. Everything else is not simple, but very simple (will be in a separate article, later). You can move the whole structure to the end of the dining room if it gets in your way. There have been some changes on getting dupes "off the corner". I'm not aware of them. Anyway, the general approach is this.

The schematics were put together spontaneously and there may be errors in them too, but the way you do it is beyond my reach. In this you are right. And thank you again for the tip for the new article.

All your beautiful pictures are great, but they are worthless if not assembled correctly and with clear descriptions.

I apologize if I offended you. But I have a rule: I don't comment on things I'm not good at. For example - I am bad at soccer (as is our national team, unfortunately). So I try not to comment on them. I wish you the same discretion.

Regards, Dmitry.

2 hours ago, Tranoze said:

he use 8 tile per sweeper so next sweeper can reach to previous dispenser, that why he need tile like that to prevent backward delivery.
It will fit nicely as each section is direct under 2 bunker doors.

That's right.

45 minutes ago, DimaB77 said:

For Hjoyn only. I ask others not to look, and if you have, please treat it more leniently.

Sorry for looking, but this is something to answer some of your question.
Because cooling only happened in 1~3 tiles, there a huge chance a blob of -25C or -30C crude oil if you set your temperature to -25C pass through, and it will break pipe as crude oil freezing point is -40,

Ethanol is accessible in the main game in any map, including terra via bundle of care.

For short cooling loop, you want coolant to atleast can operate 30 temperature above it's freezing point so these wont happen, except for super coolant with work with very cold temperature.

petroleum is quite a save and better choice than crude oil, but ethanol is better than both of them.

51 minutes ago, DimaB77 said:

One thing about cooling food  is food got refrigerated buff when the atmosphere it stay in is refrigerated, not the food itself, so using chlorine will save a lot of power as you only need to cool chlorine, not the food. However this mechanic somehow broken when your current screen focus are far away from the food, or save/load, idk the exact how, but food can keep spoiling if you not focus on it.

48 minutes ago, Tranoze said:

as crude oil freezing point is -40,

I set the sensor temperature to -26C, which gives -40C at the AT output. The temperature in the chamber fluctuates (very and very conventionally) between -26C and -40C. On average it is about -28C. The oil does not freeze at -40.1C, but just below. For reinsurance, you can set the sensor temperature a little higher than -26C.

via bundle of care

Of course you can get ethanol from wood. But the post Hjoyn is for novice players, and for them it will not be very easy.

petroleum is quite a save and better choice than crude oil

We're back to the question of which is better: crude oil or supercoolant, oxygen or hydrogen. The circuit works fine on any suitable refrigerant. Yes, you have to be a little more careful with the choice of temperatures on crude oil. But no more than that.

atmosphere it stay in is refrigerated

I didn't know that. I'm not ashamed to admit it, and it's great to have someone to tell me. Thank you, that's a good point. I thought chlorine was chosen as the least heat absorbing gas, or as a germ disinfectant.

Chlorine can, in theory (without considering heat loss through the tile and heat introduced by the products), provide a better efficiency scheme, which I will point out in the article. The question is, is this additional time cost worth that increase in efficiency?

11 minutes ago, ddoc said:

i was using this method for a long time

I'm not going to comment on this topic right now. A lot of the rules of the game have changed since then. Pay attention to the date of the topic or video. Especially those that were published before the Launch Upgrade (30.07.2019).

On 7/16/2021 at 5:47 PM, DimaB77 said:

I'm not going to comment on this topic right now. A lot of the rules of the game have changed since then. Pay attention to the date of the topic or video. Especially those that were published before the Launch Upgrade (30.07.2019).

wow was only posting something that i use and still works does not matter when it was posted or created 

If it works, it's good. You can leave it as it is.

The article describes regolith harvesting schemes, which is not in the link you gave.

If the task is simply to clean the structures from the regolith, it is much easier:

32574199_-.thumb.jpg.a9b3ed6c86deb434268155c31fa97703.jpg

Than shown in your link:

autopano.png.8fa0b04654eca9702dbb0f50e7bc3379.thumb.png.f3a005001f532e32728176245ae865b4.png

Archived