Radiation shielding by buidings?

Hi,

The wiki isn't really telling, and the search function here is not so great to find what I am looking for. Do constructions like ladders, pipes, wires shield radiation? Debree? Background tiles? Is the shielding of walls and doors just depending on their materials?  

Oh, and when I shoot a radbolt diagonally, how much clearance does it need to tiles?

I did some testing for the tile material question real quick in the space biome (25 rads across the board is convenient for this type of thing), and it looks like material does matter, but tile mass does not.

I made a regular tile and an insulated one out of both granite and igneous rock, and observed 10 rads under the igneous rock tiles, versus 11 rads under the granite, regardless of whether it was 200kg or 400kg. A lead tile, on the other hand, gave 8 rads (which is less than I was expecting, as that means lead only blocks 8% more radiation than igneous rock).

Klei needs to incorporate Cement into the game. All the materials to make it are already in the game. Also it could use Abyssalite as an ingredient to use it for something again. Use the Rock Crusher or Diamond Press to turn Abyssalite into sand and then use a Cement Mixer adding; Water, Lime, Clay and Iron.

15 minutes ago, vonVile said:

Klei needs to incorporate Cement into the game. All the materials to make it are already in the game. Also it could use Abyssalite as an ingredient to use it for something again. Use the Rock Crusher or Diamond Press to turn Abyssalite into sand and then use a Cement Mixer adding; Water, Lime, Clay and Iron.

I`m glad your ONI game works, for me as industry fan any cement support is welcome :ghost::cheerful::ghost:

Some say that transit tubes made bicycles, roller skates, hover boards and cargo lorries obsolete...But it could be fun !

For lorries I would attempt to figure out how to make a 2000x 24 tiles coal mining asteroid map to land on - For a nice long cargo road, the cargo lorry being 5 tiles high and 18 tiles long.  Also we need cranes and bulldozers for big rock lifting, more food for the rock crusher.

image.thumb.png.3f9481b65df97ea96b7ef766939da086.pngimage.thumb.png.eadd8ff5c3503b5b61e064842171f3ce.png

image.png.c4a86d37f712924b8a70cee49bd6019d.png Cement mixer - Creates mixing heat

1 hour ago, vonVile said:

Klei needs to incorporate Cement into the game

While they`re at it they could add lunar cement made out of regolith instead of sand. It could have much better insulative properties.

Archived