How do you like my first base concept design?

Hello! I created this 'minimalist' base design for 12 dupes, ranching hatches for BBQ with a priority on morale and decor exposer. I would like some critique on this to hopefully make it better in terms of minimalism and/or functionality. I am fan of keeping all refinement, utilities and power stations outside of the base. Right now I can see one potential flaw in the order of returning to base for emergency bathroom usage as the washrooms are at the bottom and atmo's at the top. Dupes would have to travel through the incubators>greathall>nature reserve then finally the washroom. We could trade the washrooms with the great hall but I was thinking of less time travel between picking up their food and sitting down to eat. Maybe trade the kitchen with the rightside greathall and then put the washrooms underneath the kitchen then all the ranches towards the bottom?  I will be putting in glass tiles between the great hall and barracks aswell but, this is just a rough draft. Any input is greatly appreciated!! Also... isn't weird how there is no option for creating a kitchen as a room?? lol

baseconceptdesign1.thumb.jpg.971e1b34f4c9a1ce65913f9b35abfc19.jpg

17 minutes ago, PowerGrid said:

Hello! I created this 'minimalist' base design for 12 dupes, ranching hatches for BBQ with a priority on morale and decor exposer. I would like some critique on this to hopefully make it better in terms of minimalism and/or functionality. I am fan of keeping all refinement, utilities and power stations outside of the base. Right now I can see one potential flaw in the order of returning to base for emergency bathroom usage as the washrooms are at the bottom and atmo's at the top. Dupes would have to travel through the incubators>greathall>nature reserve then finally the washroom. We could trade the washrooms with the great hall but I was thinking of less time travel between picking up their food and sitting down to eat. Maybe trade the kitchen with the rightside greathall and then put the washrooms underneath the kitchen then all the ranches towards the bottom?  I will be putting in glass tiles between the great hall and barracks aswell but, this is just a rough draft. Any input is greatly appreciated!! Also... isn't weird how there is no option for creating a kitchen as a room?? lol

baseconceptdesign1.thumb.jpg.971e1b34f4c9a1ce65913f9b35abfc19.jpg

i to made last year myself the test mod with kitchen, its color what made is the black, it not have any morale bonus as that code how it is handled looks  weird

37 minutes ago, degr said:

image.thumb.png.ab3e20adf145975287edaa445043b682.png

I was keeping the ranches inside the base because then i could only have 1 rancher for all 3 who can groom all the hatches within one day cycle. Two great halls will maximise the decor saturation on the dupes and im not sure if room values are additive or not so i seperated the washrooms out in case the +2 will stack.

2 hours ago, Tranoze said:

Literally, "Oxygen not included"
How your dupe suppose to breath when there are no oxygen?

its just a blue print of the floor plan... it does not have every little bit of contrivance.

make also outer wall with vacuum camber this way you can keep temp more stable at inside

baseconceptdesign1.thumb.jpg.png.40051ff2274b9d1e18e41a7270178315.png

but i to like how you handled that green room, i never think ed off build like that

in that vacuum camber you could add also heavy wattage wire if needed as its isolated no negative decor transferred

22 hours ago, PowerGrid said:

Any input is greatly appreciated!!

Nice build. All the modern amenities for a modern dupe.

I've noticed that the first thing a dupe does when they come off shift is go to the bathroom. Once that's taken care of they eat, then relax and lastly sleep. I design my base so the dupes encounter each of those facilities in order. This example is from my current playthrough and I'm just getting food and oxygen under control so things are a little messy, but all my bases are very similar. This one is for 16 dupes.

20210712100134_1.thumb.jpg.b27dbf7ad3b032bfc85691d6b2d8a583.jpg

The rec-room is a little hard to see because of the color, but it's between the great hall and the barracks.

20210712100219_1.thumb.jpg.558b4a21ec48ffca1ebebd3f859f9776.jpg

The kitchen will go in one of the open spaces, usually on the bottom floor. Once I get more refined metal than I know what to do with I'll replace some mesh tiles with metal tiles and add pixel packs for the decor bonus. If you like ranches inside your living quarters there is lots of space to stack them.

Archived