I've spent a lot of time looking up fixes. But my game constantly crashes with the spaced out dlc active. I really want to dive in deep on that dlc. So if anyone could run me through step by step on how to fix it or let me know if i should just wait for the kinks to be ironed out, that would be great. Mind you i'm not super computer savvy, but I kind of get what i've tried thus far. 

It's very difficult to help without more info. Are you using mods? Were you using mods before? When does it crash? Is there some sort of error message? For the majority of players, the DLC does not crash. There are sometimes bugs causing crashes, but usually related to specific circumstances or actions, and they tend to get fixed quickly.

1. Remove all mods

2. Stop other memory-consuming software when running ONI

3. Make sure to upload the crash report (button on the "crash screen") every time. 

4. If a specific action reproducibly causes a crash, file a bug report

Other than that, wait for things to get better. I have had 4 or 5 crashes as well, but only after longer run-times. I like to get the colony to unsupervised sustainability and then run it overnight frequently and that seems to crash it about 50% of the time now.

I was using mods but removed them all. It crashes when i load in and about to start or right after it loads into a game. I've deleted my games and started new quite a few on possible corrupt save maybe. i've also tried reinstalling the game as well to no prevail.

There were some issues with mods that caused the game to crash when loading even after the mod was removed. That was related to the mod being updated for the testing branch and breaking on the main one. I think the mod versioning system got improved after that however.

Some mods i think may not be safe to remove in general (they should say something about that in their description if that's the case?). Like if they add a building, you build it, then you remove the mod, the game won't know what it is so will crash when you try to load that game. If you can start a new game but not load an old one, it could be something like that.

I don't actually use any mods so this is all hearsay. But if you were previously using mods, and can start new games but not load old ones, it could be something like this.

22 hours ago, T-Ron Zilla said:

I was using mods but removed them all. It crashes when i load in and about to start or right after it loads into a game. I've deleted my games and started new quite a few on possible corrupt save maybe. i've also tried reinstalling the game as well to no prevail.

after removing the mods, did you verify data integrity by steam?

Archived