Webber being able to see in the dark

There is a lot of discussion going on about whether Webber should be better or needs to be toned down. Personally I love how well spiders can be used now, even if the switcher doodles are a bit too expensive. I think Webber needs another powerful perk as well as a good negative perk and I don't think the negatives he has right now are as unique or well done for him.

I don't have ideas for the negative, but for the positive he should be able to see in darkness and not be negatively affected by it (no sanity loss or dying to darkness). This would make Webber the perfect character to play in caves, and since he is so popular among new players, playing as him they could get the courage to go inside caves on their own accord since darkness is really the biggest threat there if you don't have a lantern. More fun ways to play the game by changing how characters approach core mechanics is always a plus in my opinion.

On 6/30/2021 at 6:23 AM, ZombieDupe said:

There is a lot of discussion going on about whether Webber should be better or needs to be toned down. Personally I love how well spiders can be used now, even if the switcher doodles are a bit too expensive. I think Webber needs another powerful perk as well as a good negative perk and I don't think the negatives he has right now are as unique or well done for him.

I don't have ideas for the negative, but for the positive he should be able to see in darkness and not be negatively affected by it (no sanity loss or dying to darkness). This would make Webber the perfect character to play in caves, and since he is so popular among new players, playing as him they could get the courage to go inside caves on their own accord since darkness is really the biggest threat there if you don't have a lantern. More fun ways to play the game by changing how characters approach core mechanics is always a plus in my opinion.

bruh ok i guess why bother killing celestial champion when you have permanent moggles and the only downside being you cant use pigs and bunnies as minions when you already have far superior minions available

On 6/30/2021 at 5:23 AM, ZombieDupe said:

To be honest I think being able to see in the dark is kinda a useless perk because moggles exists. Light is also pretty cheap with lanterns and miners helmet.

I also doubt Klei would want to render a big part of the core gameplay as non-existent.

It would be nice and logical to remove darkness sanity drain for webber but no character should ever be immune to darkness.

Its a part of the core gameplay and it should always remain deadly and mysterious imo. 

4 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

How people see a (spider)kid who cries for his night light every time he's in total darkness and conclude that said kid should feel comfortable during the dusk and night is beyond me.

Thats literally just one quote, you dont have to pander the entire character towards it. It would make sense that a spider feels comfortable in the dark since spiders sleep during the day. Also webbers sanity is already extremely fragile as it is. 

Here's what I recommend you can make a light source by giving your spider a miner hat and swapping it with another hat during the day.

Webber's spider self seems to have more in common with the queen than a normal spider considering how her follower mechanic and sleeping cycle works so him not seeing in the dark is fine since(lore wise likely sleeps during the night on the enhanced spider side as well.

4 hours ago, AlienMagi said:

Thats literally just one quote, you dont have to pander the entire character towards it. It would make sense that a spider feels comfortable in the dark since spiders sleep during the day. Also webbers sanity is already extremely fragile as it is. 

Quotes are the only way we can see into a characters personality in the game though?

Also webber isn't just some spider... He's a little boy in a spider.

The sanity issue was resolved with his infinite tents.

Archived