sudo-buying spools

Poll  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Do you buy low price elegants to unravel for spools?

• Yes, Often
    • Yes, Occasionally
    • No

Distinguished gives about 14.3 spools per cent while the current lowest price elegant only gives 9.7. You can also consistently buy a lot of distinguisheds instead of only one then immediately going down to 8.8 and below.

I haven't done the math honestly but sometimes when a new skin set that I like comes out, and  there is some option that also includes some skins that I already have, I purchase that one: its usually pretty cheap, gives me the new skins that I like and and a lot of spools from the repeated ones.

I remember one of the Forge packs used to be mathematically confirmed most spool-to-price efficient way back.

Dunno if it's been surpassed by a new pack, but was definitely good worth if you were looking to stock up on spool.

1 minute ago, Zeklo said:

I remember one of the Forge packs used to be mathematically confirmed most spool-to-price efficient way back.

Dunno if it's been surpassed by a new pack, but was definitely good worth if you were looking to stock up on spool.

That's for console players. Steam players have access to Distinguisheds from the Community Market which is 2.63x as efficient.

12 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

That's for console players. Steam players have access to Distinguisheds from the Community Market which is 2.63x as efficient.

I'm talking when it was initially posted.

Either way—if we're talking $0.10 vs Magmatic Bundle that's like ~0.61x more efficient (in favor of Distinguished). Not 2.63x.

18,330 (Magmatic Bundle Spools) / 150 (Distinguished Spools) = 122.2 (# of Distinguished Needed)

122.2 * 0.10 = $12.22 (vs $19.99 Magmatic)

Right? Or did the Bundle's spools change?

12 hours ago, Zeklo said:

I'm talking when it was initially posted.

Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, Distinguisheds & Spiffies have always been around the price they are now.

12 hours ago, Zeklo said:

Either way—if we're talking $0.10 vs Magmatic Bundle that's like ~0.61x more efficient (in favor of Distinguished). Not 2.63x.

I looked at the wrong bundle, my bad. But the magmatic bundle is still taxed (CM purchases aren't*) so it's $21.34 to get 18,330 spools where $21.34 could get you ~32,010 spools with Distinguisheds, making it 1.75x as efficient.

Archived