Rad Bolt Users Automation Output

Building that use and store rad bolts need an automation output based on how many radbolts they have

The material study, or new diamond press need to have an input to say if they are enabled or not

Also they need an output to say that have radbolts above or below a set level to enable the radbolt collectors to shoot more to fill them back up.

Users would then have to come up with filter and buffer gates to make them shoot the correct amount.

More advanced automation would allow the radbolt redirectors to change shooting direction based on automation inputs.  Maybe a signal count, each tick moves the direction around the clock 1 notch. 

On 5/29/2021 at 1:26 PM, Tartarus Plays said:

Building that use and store rad bolts need an automation output based on how many radbolts they have

The material study, or new diamond press need to have an input to say if they are enabled or not

Also they need an output to say that have radbolts above or below a set level to enable the radbolt collectors to shoot more to fill them back up.

Users would then have to come up with filter and buffer gates to make them shoot the correct amount.

More advanced automation would allow the radbolt redirectors to change shooting direction based on automation inputs.  Maybe a signal count, each tick moves the direction around the clock 1 notch. 

Two questions. 

Are you the real Tartarus Plays Games?

I agree with your point, but wouldn't other Radbolt related buildings need it as well?

1 hour ago, Tartarus Plays said:

Yes I am.

Cool!

1 hour ago, Tartarus Plays said:

building that "stores" radbolts should have an automation output to send the signal when they need more.  

I would simplify it. Red signal when it has no Radbolts, green signal when it has at least the amount the building needs to function.

On 5/29/2021 at 6:26 PM, Tartarus Plays said:

We could definitely use some more control over radbolts. Like a splitter that can shoot in 1 of 2 different directions based on automation. A radbolt bridge allowing them to pass a solid wall and to make sure a vertical and horizontal stream of radbolts doesn`t collide (also useful to bypass ladders so dupes are safe). Also a radbolt checkpoint that sends an automation signal as a radbolt passes through it.

Thanks to all of you who watch my videos.  Thank you

I think it has to be like liquid tanks, automation slider for a low and high set point.  If it is all or nothing then when it gets to zero the dupe will stop using the building.  I would rather more bolts show up so they keep working. 

6 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

We could definitely use some more control over radbolts. Like a splitter that can shoot in 1 of 2 different directions based on automation. A radbolt bridge allowing them to pass a solid wall and to make sure a vertical and horizontal stream of radbolts doesn`t collide (also useful to bypass ladders so dupes are safe). Also a radbolt checkpoint that sends an automation signal as a radbolt passes through it.

You can do splitters now - redirectors can be automated, so green signal means direction #1 (selected in the redirector), red signal means direction #2 - foward.

About the checkpoint - radiation sensor can detect them (it has some delay though)

Agreed about the rest - we really need output ports on radbolt-accepting buildings and some tile to allow radbolts into the room. Bridges would be cool!

23 hours ago, pether said:

About the checkpoint - radiation sensor can detect them (it has some delay though)

Does the radiation sensor work if there are germs around? Last time i was shooting radbolts in the slime biome there was no radiation after them and no contaminants created due to massive amounts of slimelung around.

I think germs are like gases and liquids.  Been awhile since I played with the idea, but if you flooded a slimelung area with floral scent, you can't have 2 types in the same square so one is forced out or destroyed.

I assume the mechanics are the same since it treats radiation like germs. 

1 hour ago, Sasza22 said:

Does the radiation sensor work if there are germs around? Last time i was shooting radbolts in the slime biome there was no radiation after them and no contaminants created due to massive amounts of slimelung around.

I just tested in sandbox. It does, you can detect flying radbolt with radiation sensor even if there are slimelung germs around in massive amounts

On 6/1/2021 at 6:27 PM, Tartarus Plays said:

I think it has to be like liquid tanks, automation slider for a low and high set point.  If it is all or nothing then when it gets to zero the dupe will stop using the building.  I would rather more bolts show up so they keep working. 

You could probably squeeze out an amazing QoL patch by going through all the buildings that would benefit from having their automation controlled by the threshold slider.

• Any radbolt consumers
  • Smart bins
  • Fridges
  • Fuel tanks/rocket thrusters

Archived