New Solutions to Food Storage

I came up with a new "walk in freezer" build I like a lot. This version is just the most simple version, but slapping a battery on top could give you the ability to cook / do shipping inside it as well. You can deconstruct the rocket platform and put it inside any 4 tile high room, 6 with the battery. In order to pump gas in for the oven I think you'd need the platform and the gas loader port. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 1.54.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 1.54.43 PM (2).png

49 minutes ago, Rotintin said:

I came up with a new "walk in freezer" build I like a lot. This version is just the most simple version, but slapping a battery on top could give you the ability to cook / do shipping inside it as well. You can deconstruct the rocket platform and put it inside any 4 tile high room, 6 with the battery. In order to pump gas in for the oven I think you'd need the platform and the gas loader port. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 1.54.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 1.54.43 PM (2).png

hmm, asteroid too small use the rocket parts ?:-D

1 minute ago, gabberworld said:

hmm, asteroid too small use the rocket parts ?:-D

Yeah it is, actually :grin: I recently moved my whole colony to live on the 52B planet.

The spacefarer module is actually really nice though, it works as a vacuum sealed, airlocked room that's accessible without transit tubes or liquid locks. This makes it more accessible early game, due to not needing plastic or liquids that can withstand the deep freeze atmosphere. Also, no sopping wet debuff is nice. 

Just now, Rotintin said:

it works as a vacuum sealed, airlocked room that's accessible without transit tubes or liquid locks. This makes it more accessible early game, due to not needing plastic or liquids that can withstand the deep freeze atmosphere. Also, no sopping wet debuff is nice. 

yeah i just thinked about that when i saw you image , man that is great

48 minutes ago, QuantumPion said:

I think I'm going to try just passing food on a conveyor belt through a super chilled block before dumping it in a vacuum room.

food is made of genetic ooze so goodluck freezing that stuff for a vacuumed room

19 minutes ago, Technoincubus said:

how can you plant wheeze on soil? Pip?

yes, with pip, and new dirt tile for examole you can todo with shove voles

there is also another solution, you can add that also inside flower pot but you need first  make that pip adds that there and then copy setting from that

51 minutes ago, Yunru said:

Food is solid, it's already frozen.

solid genetic ooze that is usually around 20c or whatever the food source is.  shc of genetic ooze is 3.47 so it'll be a lot to freeze or chill to -18c for a vacuum room

i think chlorine is the best thing to chill for the really low shc in a base for food storage but i like this spacefarer module fridge a lot more

Archived