Should Drillcone Only Collect What Is Selected In Cargo Bay?

Do you think that the Drillcone should only collect the resources that are designated by the Cargo Bay?  If nothing is specified in the Cargo Bay then it could collect any available.

In my example, I have only selected Aluminum Ore in the Cargo Bay but it collected both Aluminum Ore and Igneous Rock.

20210525153450_1.thumb.jpg.938e6d582ef759831e6e3ece35894d0c.jpg

This would be neat. However, considering the way space POIs a currently balanced, selecting only part of available materials should have one of two drawbacks:

• Reduced total resource collection speed. Different resources are gathered at the same speed they would without filters, just "ignored" resource won't take space in cargo bays;
  • Increased POI mass loss per second. That way extracting certain amounts of selected materials would cause POI to lose that same amount of mass you would need to extract without filters in order to gain the same amounts of those materials.

4 hours ago, Sigmok said:

Do you think that the Drillcone should only collect the resources that are designated by the Cargo Bay? 

I think it could at least take into account the max capacity set by the slider in cargo modules and trigger the round trip with that (when a drillcone module is present in the rocket)

On 5/25/2021 at 9:44 AM, Sigmok said:

Do you think that the Drillcone should only collect the resources that are designated by the Cargo Bay?  If nothing is specified in the Cargo Bay then it could collect any available.

In my example, I have only selected Aluminum Ore in the Cargo Bay but it collected both Aluminum Ore and Igneous Rock.

20210525153450_1.thumb.jpg.938e6d582ef759831e6e3ece35894d0c.jpg

image.png.e19c4445210a0ccce086489af2ec8c59.pngimage.png.cdf48d65c27821788aab5855e02cb018.pngimage.png.35a579d20516cf59af7f23cbd6595f38.png

I feel it's logical when you dig an asteroid with a drill rocket, you will not able to choose with ressources you will obtain as the ground is a mix of them. May Klei should add a special rocket storage for this module to avoid confusion.

Archived