"Crockpot for winter", where's crockpot for summer?

Well, what I mean is, we have a bunch of winter clothes and summer clothes, and some for frog rains, I mean spring, and also now we have, from the update RWYS, favorite season for crops. I think it should change some features about crockpot.

I know that theres nothing wrong with the crockpot it self, its a pretty solid and simple machine that you stuff some ingredients in and boom you have a better meal or a wet goop. (be careful there)

But I was recently wondering about the different kinds of meal, like, we have some meals to heat the temperature up and others to chill  and these ones make no sense at all, like, how can you heat something and get, like a melonsicle from it?! (I know crockpot uses 'radiation' to cook, but still weird conception)

So based on this ideia I "created" a new 'crockpot for icy meal related and also for drinkables.

Its called "FreezeFrosty" (here's a bad-render-mixture of ice maker 3000 from SW with a... Lid?!)

4mPKtAO.png 

The suggested craft could be AK7MVcp.png

With this change Every recipe that HAS ice* in it (*not wobster bisque) along with drinkable ones would be added to this new "FeezeFrosty" and these same recipes would be no longer avaliable to get them from a crockpot and would get anything other than wet goop. !Edit: If you happen to mistake a recipe, it would return one not so squared frozen water, I mean, 1 ice cube.

Recipes:

Rs00iZB.png

This change could allow a different set of meals/ food from DLC's or even new ones, to get the interactions with season-ish "bonus" as well. This change could make foods a bit better or worse, like for example, crockpoting trailmix during Autumn would give a bonus of + 7,5 points of hunger, or, crockpoting beef greens during Spring, would increase the sanity given + 5 points, on the other hand, crockpoting fishtacos during Summer would reduce health given by -5 points.

Seems like a Small change, which in fact is, but it would be an extra to the game.

PS: my first topic here. Let's see what we get xD

On 5/22/2021 at 3:19 PM, minespatch said:

A ice-o-matic would be appreciated.

Ice-o-matic exists in Shipwrecked because there is no other efficient source of Ice in that DLC; ROG and DST have Miniglaciers so the Ice-o-matic is not necessary,

14 hours ago, Cheggf said:

What is the reason for duplicating structures, and causing food to have really inconsistent stat differences for no reason that most players won't even notice?

well, is a survival game that involves more than just aspect of surviving, u need certain itens to survive in a other season, and some usefull itens that only apperar on certain season, like ice in winter and cactus flower in summer (for pearl's quest).

I mean, at certanin point, in-game things, like killing all bosses and mega basing, per say, get boring, you literally "get stuck" and have all means of survival, infinite food, infinite resources, and so on. and what i really wanted was kinda of giving the value of seasons to the crockpot meals, and making a bit more dynamic, if so... in general, some small big changes, like the update RWYS, it was an awesome update, it changed everything about farming/plot/seeds, why not having that "seasoning" effect with crockpot as well? 

I risk to say that, its meatball for breakfast, meatball for lunch and more meatballs for dinner, and sometimes perogi... no problem at all with this, but why not make it a bit more dynamic, even for drastic changes, like givin zero hunger during certain season?

DST is a sandbox and every run goes different, but in the end it doesn't even matter xD

6 hours ago, Badarokey said:

well, is a survival game that involves more than just aspect of surviving, u need certain itens to survive in a other season, and some usefull itens that only apperar on certain season, like ice in winter and cactus flower in summer (for pearl's quest).

Ice is already useful, especially for flingomatics. Arbitrarily restricting a couple of random crock pot dishes that most people don't even make isn't going to entice people to make more crock pots that look different.

I mean, at certanin point, in-game things, like killing all bosses and mega basing, per say, get boring, you literally "get stuck" and have all means of survival, infinite food, infinite resources, and so on. and what i really wanted was kinda of giving the value of seasons to the crockpot meals, and making a bit more dynamic

Somebody with a megabase who can at a moment's notice produce hundreds or thousands of crock pot dishes is not going to care or even notice that they're giving 5 less or 5 more of a stat.

in general, some small big changes, like the update RWYS, it was an awesome update, it changed everything about farming/plot/seeds, why not having that "seasoning" effect with crockpot as well? 

Because plants grow based on what temperature it is, how much water they receive, how much sunlight they receive, and some other things that are impacted by what season it is. Cooking is based on none of those things.

And also because it is such a small change it would likely go unnoticed by most players and the ones who do notice it would just be confused as to why their dish is randomly giving them slightly different stats so they go spam Reddit & the forums every day.

I risk to say that, its meatball for breakfast, meatball for lunch and more meatballs for dinner, and sometimes perogi... no problem at all with this, but why not make it a bit more dynamic, even for drastic changes, like givin zero hunger during certain season?

If you want it to be a bit more dynamic, why don't you make it a bit more dynamic? Just stop making meatballs if you hate it so much. It's not even a particularly good recipe.

Archived