What do you think about damage taken during loading screen?

4 hours ago, PuffinBy said:

It's not you to judge that. Bug or not the problem is bringing people unpleasant game experiences, so it's worth checking out.

I know that in the year of our Lord twenty hundreds and twenty one only God can truly judge, but there is no mechanic in place where players are immune to damage after going through a loading screen. The program is working successfully when you take damage.

Everyone here is saying is to add iframes when you exit a loading screen. Adding a new mechanic is not fixing a bug, so suggesting for iframes to be added would go in the Suggestions and Feedback subforum. Putting it there would not only be putting it in the correct location it belongs, but allow the community to show its support of it. Barely anyone goes to the bug tracker since it's so boring there.

More often than not my issue is getting damaged while trying to exit the caves, specifically by splumonkeys that pursue you all the way from the ruins. If invincibility akin to the griefer protection would be added upon switching shards I'd see more people exploiting it than people actually finding it useful. If youre anything like me and have a few bunny hutches guarding your sinkhole then you can completely ignore them and bring as much meat as you want to the surface because they will be biting somebody with godmode for 2 minutes where he can just carelessly walk out of the pen.

3 hours ago, Cheggf said:

I know that in the year of our Lord twenty hundreds and twenty one only God can truly judge, but there is no mechanic in place where players are immune to damage after going through a loading screen. The program is working successfully when you take damage.

Everyone here is saying is to add iframes when you exit a loading screen. Adding a new mechanic is not fixing a bug, so suggesting for iframes to be added would go in the Suggestions and Feedback subforum. Putting it there would not only be putting it in the correct location it belongs, but allow the community to show its support of it. Barely anyone goes to the bug tracker since it's so boring there.

I never said about they should make player invincible. However, not able to control your character is a real bug, even though it might not happen to everyone. 

Solution:  Adding invincibility is not the only solution, actually, it's a silly idea even, I'd say. They could just add some code to check for input state during teleporting world and only spawn in the character until the game is ready to response to your input. Or figure out if there is something that prevents inputs from responding immediately after spawning in the character.

On 5/22/2021 at 12:10 PM, Cheggf said:

The issue would not be caused by anything that impacts framerate, at least not unless the issue is extremely severe. Load times would be more your HDD & maybe RAM, while performance would be more CPU & maybe GPU. If you have the funds I would recommend buying an SSD to put the game on, or checking to see if you need to at least replace your HDD with a new one.

Other things that could potentially cause the issue are viruses, bad programs, other programs reading/writing heavily from the same disk, maybe outdated drivers, and maybe too many programs being open.

I have a computer with an AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB Memory, 1 TB SSD, and an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, and I still take at least one hit from bunnymen and bats coming up from the caves on my dedicated server that I connect to with a Google Fiber connection.  This server is hosted in my own home. This does not seem to be a hardware issue.

Just the other day I'd gone up from the caves while holding meat in my inventory. I accidentally placed my bunnies just a bit too close to the sinkhole, and when the loading screen went away I was already dead. No chance to move or react, I was just dead

Archived