Let Celestial Orb go into the caves

I don't see why it can't do this. It has a global map icon (it can't get lost), and serves as a crafting station for glass cutters, which are mainly used for fuelweaver, but due to the fact the orb can't go into the caves, you still have the problem of cutters taking up a lot of inventory space. You also need to kill the celestial champion to even have the possibility of doing this, and after you've competed such a long quest line, don't you think you should be able to craft lunar tools whenever you want?

4 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

What happens if you leave the overworld, but never make it to the caves?

yeah I was just thinking about this, this is probably why hutch and Chester are 2 different entities.

I’d assume a viable solution would be that once the  celestial has been killed, you use the celestial portal underground to “create” another celestial orb for the caves. The celestial portal can be crafted in the caves but serves no purpose so far to do so.

57 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

yeah I was just thinking about this, this is probably why hutch and Chester are 2 different entities.

I’d assume a viable solution would be that once the  celestial has been killed, you use the celestial portal underground to “create” another celestial orb for the caves. The celestial portal can be crafted in the caves but serves no purpose so far to do so.

Could also make it so that going through a sinkhole drops the celestial orb on the other side (similar to how wormholes work when you feed them items) so it'd be there regardless of the player making it through. Although that's probably more work than just allowing it to be duplicated underground.

Archived