Game freezes on save, can anyone help me?

Hi there, I'm referring to this thread. Unfortunately the game is not playable like this and my thread doesnt get any attention from devs. 

It seems to be a problem with my machine. Maybe you guys can help me out what's wrong with it? Maybe no permission to delete the safe file?

Player.log

I did not find anything unusual in your log file. 

try the following steps:

1. Check if you have enough disk space on your machine (the disk which is used to write the save files); clean up if needed.

2. Switch off the cloud saves. Yes, you will have no back up made to the cloud but it is to exclude the problem related to the internet connection. I saw that you did it.

3. Run the game file integrity check in Steam

you probably did it.

as the new update will come to the live version in about two weeks you may need to restart the game session anyway. 

when the message appear what do you do? Can you click on the option "wait for....". have you tried to leave the comp for a few minutes to see if the save goes through?

well, the problem is that the issue persists, even if I do all the steps above. I can only play continuously when I switch autosaves off permanently. Problem with that is, that I can't mess up, so I have to play very carefully.

It is definitely a problem with my machine. Playing on Geforce Now everything is fine.

@KonfigSys: 1. theres plenty of space on my game ssd.

2. Cloud saves are swtiched off.

3. Did that. Problem persists.

I am playing on the normal branch, not the live testing. If I click on wait for nothing happens for the remainder of the day ;)

Thanks for your replies, but I guess this is a problem that the devs will have to take a look at. Just thought to meet someone who has the same problem by any chance.

If it's a problem with the automatic timelapse screenshots i think you can disable them by setting the resolution to 0.

Options > Game > Timelapse resolution -> slide all the way to the left

It's a bit of a long-shot but i think i saw this mentioned elsewhere.

Player-prev.logThe saving of the timelapse screenshot does not seem to be the cause of the problem.... oh well ;)

Just got another crash:

This is the last line in my log:

Player-prev.log

[14:54:40.204] [1] [INFO] Deleting old autosave: D:\Dokumente\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded\save_files\The Inescapable Lab\auto_save\The Inescapable Lab Cycle 56.sav

It seems the game does not have permission to access that file? It's weird cause it created it...

im not sure if issue is by deleting as make new one is that what missing at your log file

but you can look at that folder if it deleted that old save

can you share your sav file what you playing? how often it crash?

if deleting causes issue then they need use Try catch code as that deleting self can todo in another loop if some reason it was not able delete old save

"It is definitely a problem with my machine. Playing on Geforce Now everything is fine."

I had save problems in the past:

1. Cloud savings - bad internet connection

2. The game got frozen with the message window you had, I waited for like 15 minutes and finally it saved the file. But this was on like 4000 cycles, you have 50 cycles in the last play....

3. I had bad sectors on my HD (old HD but not SSD) that prevented me from normal saving and not only ONI.

As I understand it is a problem not only with autosave but also when you try to make a save.

On 5/22/2021 at 4:23 PM, Bavarian said:

Thanks @yobbo I'll try that next! Just had a crash that was the cause of the loss of more than 70 cycles. Annoying...

This may not help you, however here is information how I play:

> Steam purchased game, playing with a PC in front of me, saving files local on to my pc system every 1 cycle

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce-now/games/

On 5/22/2021 at 1:06 PM, Bavarian said:

It is definitely a problem with my machine. Playing on Geforce Now everything is fine.

@babba even GFN crashes sometimes due to connectivity problems (not on my side though, my internet connection is solid fiber with 99.99% uptime guaranteed, it's a business solution). Also my problem is that GFN only deliver Full HD. Not good for my eyes when I can play on my local machine in WQHD or 4k, depending on which monitor I choose.

Oh well, I guess I will have to bear with it. 

Maybe I'll move all my save files to a different folder and try it again then...

@Bavarian ...Wheat beer is the best :chunky:

If you really like the game, perhaps consider purchasing it with Steam or another platform and then save files locally on to your system :p

All these multi service cross logins, streaming games and cloud stuff...Its the same with Xbox Game Pass for Windows or "EvE Anywhere" ( Eve Online ). Various service game problems, not saved game settings, mod errors, save game issues, limited/restricted/content lacking game versions, lags, Terrabytes of streaming data, subscription-end-what-then etc.

If find these monthly subscription platforms great to test drive games, at the end of the day I get games "locally" - Although we all know that Epic, Steam etc. is also a platform dependency.

I normally never use a 3rd party platform login to cross login in to a new service...I did it once with this forum because I was lazy and broke my own set rule of never doing that. It ended in Google mixing my account with a unknown random forum user, me editing another users forum post as the Google service screwed up :lol:@sakura_sk

I recently logged in to Epic, I had to rub my eyes :lol::lol::lol: I`m pretty sure they will add another 10 platform services to this list over time.

image.thumb.png.416f63734ad2df939b40dbc2fc4826ac.pngimage.thumb.png.8f0fb66ea0bcafd43e3c2cdb2a51fe7f.png

@babba I purchased via Steam. I play almost all my games via steam, never had problems with it. ONI unfortunately is the first. So I tried it on Geforce Now and on that machine it works. Problem there also is performance on their machine, it's a slide show at 3x speed... that's why I'm trying to play locally, but there are my autosave problems... 

I also never experienced any problem with the base game (without the Spaced Out extension), aside from the abismal performance once you uncovered the whole map and were >300 cycles. 

I will install linux next and try it on that. I'll update you how that goes

11 minutes ago, Bavarian said:

@babba I purchased via Steam. I play almost all my games via steam, never had problems with it. ONI unfortunately is the first. So I tried it on Geforce Now and on that machine it works. Problem there also is performance on their machine, it's a slide show at 3x speed... that's why I'm trying to play locally, but there are my autosave problems... 

I also never experienced any problem with the base game (without the Spaced Out extension), aside from the abismal performance once you uncovered the whole map and were >300 cycles. 

I will install linux next and try it on that. I'll update you how that goes

Can you play the steam game locally with these settings ? Perhaps give it a try and let us know :p:encouragement:

If everything fails we can resort to Bavarian wheat beer :ghost::cheerful:

image.png.27cc6e07b9133e247e15cba05ed1d267.png

@babba yes, that worked seamlessly until... it didn't. Problem was I had not saved for around 50 cycles and the game crashed due to a bug. So I kinda wanna have autosaves as a safeguard measure, you know ;)

Yeah, beer is always a good solution ;) I am drinking one right now ;) Schneider Weisse to be exact :bee: 

16 minutes ago, Bavarian said:

@babba yes, that worked seamlessly until... it didn't. Problem was I had not saved for around 50 cycles and the game crashed due to a bug. So I kinda wanna have autosaves as a safeguard measure, you know ;)

Yeah, beer is always a good solution ;) I am drinking one right now ;) Schneider Weisse to be exact :bee: 

image.thumb.png.52cd9705de8adf39509d9aeb9703b5c6.pngimage.png.37e9fbc150ea86eefa164f8a1154aa94.png

It was reported by one player on steam; he had a similar problem and had enough disk space until he realized that saves were done on another disk which was almost full!!!!

I also had saves on another disk (I had like 4 disks at once on one PC - a mixture of HDD and SSD). When the disk had bad sectors I experienced the problem (I do understand you have SSD but not HDD I had but still).

Archived