Good reason to use reactor: plutonium

Currently, research reactor seems to be very clunky and not very rewarding.

Here's an idea to make it worth using:

• In addition to nuclear waste, the reactor outputs small quantities of plutonium (or radium or any other such material)
  • Plutonium is used in low-grade radiation production, ideal for mutated plants. Say, radiation-emitting ceiling lamp.
  • Plutonium is used up slowly enough that one reactor can "feed" ~20 dupes with only mutated plants
  • Some method of infinitely renewing uranium should exist, so that the reactor doesn't become truly useless later on (waste reprocessing flora/fauna?)

This would solve two problems at once: reactor not having a unique role and low grade radiation being hard to achieve without wheezewort spam or exploits.

there is yellow cake in the elements that are on hold i think...i really hope we get to a point the research reactor give us a fissive product that we have to store in special container and/or build new contraptions with the heat it could generate

GUYS 4726 Degrees nuclear fallout creation at the impacts points between 2 radbolt in the air ! THE COLLIDER LIVES !!!!!!!!!

im i getting excited for something that was there before ? they added the nuclear fallout at this last beta update if i'm not mistaken and it comes out at a whopping 4726 degrees C for a millisecond but i ran my collider 10 minutes and it was going up all the time didn't stopped 

Here's a screen https://imgur.com/a/UTOjNxs

Of course im in sandbox to test it but im certain that a massive collider can be built with the scrap radiation of the research building (or just melt it down) 

Edit : i just tested a bit on a wall and no reaction whatsoever. so i guess the race is on for the best radbolt collider ;)

4 minutes ago, Swoop5994 said:

GUYS 4726 Degrees nuclear fallout creation at the impacts points between 2 radbolt in the air ! THE COLLIDER LIVES !!!!!!!!!

im i getting excited for something that was there before ? they added the nuclear fallout at this last beta update if i'm not mistaken and it comes out at a whopping 4726 degrees C for a millisecond but i ran my collider 10 minutes and it was going up all the time didn't stopped 

Here's a screen https://imgur.com/a/UTOjNxs

Of course im in sandbox to test it but im certain that a massive collider can be built with the scrap radiation of the research building (or just melt it down) 

Edit : i just tested a bit on a wall and no reaction whatsoever. so i guess the race is on for the best radbolt collider ;)

Mhhhh that sounds and looks sweet :congratulatory: Its some kind of artillery heat cannon :lol:

Archived