Add "Empty Storage" button to Payload Opener

Payloads cannot be accessed without deconstructing opener or creating elaborate infrastructure on new planetoids.  The latter is completely useless to me and the former a headache when payloads include ice.

Credit to hipifreq for suggestion dated Feb 8.  It's hard to understand why it has been archived, and that after 3mos manual access has not been added to this building.

Please add an "Empty Storage" button to the Payload Opener.

So far I have always used payload openers when I'm starting a outpost on another asteroid. As such i have a minimal work force and no way i can spend 9 morale on mechatronics just to unload the the thing. Even if its still a manual "empty storage" its better then having to reconstruct it over and over.

Bump (before this gets archived).

I would really like to see a new button on the Payload Opener in the next update.  No way I'm sending a Mechatronics dupe to the first planetoid when I need Mat'l Research ASAP to unlock new tech.  Tech, I might add, that was not previously gated to artificially lengthen gameplay...but that's a gripe best left for another post.

Please add a manual "Empty Storage" button to the Payload Opener to reduce the tedium.

Actually now that conveyor shutes are lower tech it would make sense if they didn`t require mechatronics. Same for rails. It`s essentially a pipe and a vent. Those things should be build by regular builders. Mechatronics engineers would be still needed for conveyor loaders and auto sweepers that fill the rails but not stuff emptyng it.

That would make it easier to set up new bases via the payload emptier as well as unloading solid rocket cargo.

On 5/14/2021 at 3:00 PM, hipifreq said:

Payloads themselves CAN be manually emptied

They cannot be emptied if they are already empty. I haven’t tried sending empty payloads to a payload opener yet. Anyone know if this would work?

So far the empty payloads are sitting next to my battery depleted rover, both unable to be moved or deconstructed, forever present.

No sure who had the brain fart of not allowing access. all my payloads are stuck inside, and no mechatronics expert to make rails, and all the material for making them rails are in the payload opener.  I sent all the supplies for nothing... I actually build this for nothing given you can right click and open a payload shell anyway.

It's like opening a can of tomatoes and then having to destroy the can opener to access the tomatoes...

On 8/28/2021 at 4:46 PM, icuurd12b42 said:

No sure who had the brain fart of not allowing access. all my payloads are stuck inside, and no mechatronics expert to make rails, and all the material for making them rails are in the payload opener.  I sent all the supplies for nothing... I actually build this for nothing given you can right click and open a payload shell anyway.

It's like opening a can of tomatoes and then having to destroy the can opener to access the tomatoes...

It's almost like someone on the dev team is hell-bent on having players make use of the skill scrubber.  Have to admit, I rarely ever used it before Spaced Out! DLC.

Archived