• Webber
    • Winona
    • Warly
    • Walter
    • Wormwood
    • Wortox
    • Wurt

Maxwell because of getting easy wood

I play alone so getting wood was always a torture to me in early game which i build everything

If my calculations are correct i need over 60 boards just to build the basics of my plan base 

It needs over 300 if i build everything

2 hours ago, HellHeater said:

Maxwell because of getting easy wood

I play alone so getting wood was always a torture to me in early game which i build everything

If my calculations are correct i need over 60 boards just to build the basics of my plan base 

It needs over 300 if i build everything

Maxwell is a fun character and definitely the fastest gatherer, but there are other characters that make getting logs faster too. I also tend to move a cluster of pines close to my bases and then hacking them when they are at least half-grown. However with a pro-gatherer like Maxwell you obviously clear out whole areas from forests quickly so this isn't needed.

I actually really liked Maxwell for a while, but I stopped playing him because I started to find it painful to gather enough fuel on him to be flexible about which shadow variants to use. I feel like he is lacking that extra something, that other strong characters have in comparison, even if it was just a way to change his shadows without consuming fuel every time or something along those lines. I mean he has one of the most severe downsides in the whole game so a little bit of added flexibility or power would be warranted IMO just to make him a bit smoother to play. Right now he feels powerful but clunky at the same time. I really like challenging, but not clunky.

Willow. Her design caught my eye when I first saw it and she was really easy for me to play as a noob. I would stare into the campfire every single night and always be above half so her downside never bothered me.

I also came to like her personality. She has a mean sense of humor and I like that she's rebellious and wild in an age were girls were supposed to sit down and be fine. She's the complete opposite of what the standards was at the time.

Archived