Is this on purpose you can now use highly germ contained water in sinks and it still clean the dupes on "no surface germs" when washing their hands?

I just noticed this by chance, unitl now I always took care to give them germ free water for sinks.. which isn't necessary at all! 

I think it was always like that. My old bathroom-loop had only a sieve in there and I added sterilization for the pwater only because the dupes would carry germs around when carrying the waste from the sieve to the compost heap. Was never a problem with the still infected water though.

Yes, it is. On the other hand, "if it is not broken, do not fix it". Hence as long as it works and does not consume much more than it should, no need to optimize it. The real-world experience is that you may well end up breaking things if you try to optimize them.

It's intentional.  A long, long time ago (before covid), Klei streamed every Thursday.  During one such stream, the developers said that between food, oxygen, and stress, new players had enough on their plate without having to worry about the cleanliness of their bath water.

The last time I built a sink in the game was 2 years ago or so - Last year someone complained that a lot of my screenshots have the red tool tip saying that I should build a sink.

I had a look at sink memes - This sink is 0.35x 3x 2 tiles ( ~ ). I have seen such a sink at some airport somewhere, it was not so much fun using it myself, but fun to watch others.

image.thumb.png.22d23bf189ccd45d44c5443634ec76cc.pngimage.png.c32adc75a7946c498caecfb5fbf67837.png

Imagine 1 million germs clutter together and then form a 1 tile big germ organism, which then hops out of the sink and starts to walk around in your colony.

That could be the...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatberg

image.thumb.png.b46023d3c54ce0bf17767faba1b81a83.png

3 hours ago, goboking said:

It's intentional.  A long, long time ago (before covid), Klei streamed every Thursday.  During one such stream, the developers said that between food, oxygen, and stress, new players had enough on their plate without having to worry about the cleanliness of their bath water.

Bastards.  Back when I was a new player, I spent a lot of time freaking out about killing all the germs in my clean water before sending it to the bathrooms.

16 minutes ago, NewWorldDan said:

Bastards.  Back when I was a new player, I spent a lot of time freaking out about killing all the germs in my clean water before sending it to the bathrooms.

I still disinfect water before reusing it as a self-imposed challenge, but you're right in that the system as is isn't very intuitive.

Archived