Bring back Gorge and Forge built into DST?

I got to wondering how come both of these are not imported into DST. 

I feel like there is so much potential to add these and allow for an awesome experience within your current world. For example an idea would be upon finishing the cook book 100% all recipes you are now able to unlock the ability to go to the Gorge, perhaps another way to unlock it but something that involves cooking. 

The gorge opens a portal within your world and loads all players who are in the area in it. Upon completing it you receive an item that might be useful back home in your world for example an apron can be warn , while wearing it food prepared in a crockpot comes out at full value even when cooking with spoiled foods. 

Also for the Forge same idea perhaps upon killing all bosses a portal opens allowing you to fight in the Forge and in the end receiving special fighting tools or specialty armor.

Ideas? 

2 minutes ago, jantonio said:

the mods got the devs blessing, also server upkeep was why we dont see events as often.

Yep I understand that I was referencing adding it built into the game not being hosted. To avoid that issue. 

Gorge and Forge "built into DST"? 

Not Hosted.

well regardless of discourse about the reasons why the gorge and forge never came back, ill throw my opinion in there as if it could be a real thing

a lot of people have the idea of the portals to the respective event appearing in the existing world after some sort of unlock condition. i dont think this is a good idea. i think it really should just be its own gamemode you can choose at the start....

because the idea of needing randos to fill spots being able to waltz into your existing world well, it just seems like bait for easy greifing. i suppose this could be avoided by making Garbage Worlds with the only purpose for doing this. (and cheating for "beating all the bosses.") all in all, with having to have that existing world, caves, and then forge/gorge on top of that, it just all seems like a lot more hassle than its worth.

so yeah, just have it be a "game mode" like wilderness, survival, endless, etc.  as someone who spent like half their hours in dst playing the forge mod(yes i know. insane) i would never spare a moment of my time to beat all the bosses to unlock it when i can just boot up the mod and do it immediately. and the consoles players who arent able to cheat such a task :// 

If it’s integrated into the game as a “game mode” you can toggle when creating or joining a server it would be great yes, but I doubt Klei can just port the mod into the game and call it a day, they probably have to polish the thing a lot and even update it/rebalance it every so often. 

So all things considered I’d say yes, but after they are done with ROT and the refreshes, and only if it doesn’t take away their time to keep adding content to the core game.

9 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

If it’s integrated into the game as a “game mode” you can toggle when creating or joining a server it would be great yes, but I doubt Klei can just port the mod into the game and call it a day, they probably have to polish the thing a lot and even update it/rebalance it every so often. 

So all things considered I’d say yes, but after they are done with ROT and the refreshes, and only if it doesn’t take away their time to keep adding content to the core game.

Yeah it seems like a long shot honestly. 

8 minutes ago, AllFunNGamez said:

Yeah it seems like a long shot honestly. 

Maybe not in the short term, but I've been thinking that now that they have tencent behind, they eventually can put a whole dedicated team to a "DST 2" development, taking most of the stuff DST did well, and further improving the game (more so on a technical level, engine improvement, not needing 2 different shards to move between caves and surface, multithreading compatibility, 64 bits, etc).

If they start from the ground up, they can very well implement these type of things into the game, since they already know the fans like it, and they can probably monetize exclusive skins for those game modes too.

2 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Maybe not in the short term, but I've been thinking that now that they have tencent behind, they eventually can put a whole dedicated team to a "DST 2" development, taking most of the stuff DST did well, and further improving the game (more so on a technical level, engine improvement, not needing 2 different shards to move between caves and surface, multithreading compatibility, 64 bits, etc).

If they start from the ground up, they can very well implement these type of things into the game, since they already know the fans like it, and they can probably monetize exclusive skins for those game modes too.

Funny you say that haha I was actually thinking the same thing. I am hoping that with the recent purchase they should be having a bigger push to develop a more so rounded game. The one thing I find DST is lacking is the Challenging aspect of the game. Once you pass 500 days survived in DST it becomes a Megabase at that rate which at least from what I see 80% of people tend to fall into. 

I would really love to see more re-playable features added to the game like the Gorge or Forge, or other things that could make you want to keep re playing the same world over and over again in order to complete the challenge for an item that could then alter the rest of your days in DST.

Just now, __IvoCZE__ said:

Proof?

I'm on my phone in bed. It might take me a while to find so bear with me. 

I can't find it. Maybe I did dream it up. If anyone remembers that one post (from JoeW I think) hit me up. 

54 minutes ago, BezKa said:

Klei has said many times it would be disrespectful to the people who made the mods. 

That makes no sense at all. The mods are not perfectly accurate, and completely unavailable on console. Even if they were perfectly accurate official integration would still be better since it could appear on the server browser under its own gamemode type.

3 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

That makes no sense at all. The mods are not perfectly accurate, and completely unavailable on console. Even if they were perfectly accurate official integration would still be better since it could appear on the server browser under its own gamemode type.

Let me correct that. I've seen, or at least I think I saw them mentioning it. But while looking, 2020 roadmap showed up and it seems that it's not out of the picture after all.

1 hour ago, BezKa said:

I'm on my phone in bed. It might take me a while to find so bear with me. 

phone bed gang

But yeah, the only thing about mods is that the 2020 roadmap mentioned them to check them out, not that it would be disrespectful to add it into the game.

17 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

phone bed gang

But yeah, the only thing about mods is that the 2020 roadmap mentioned them to check them out, not that it would be disrespectful to add it into the game.

Yeah, but I swear I can remember someone making a topic just like this one and one of the devs explaining why not. On the other hand, I get fake memories often enough x.x

Archived