Bees should pollinate nearby farm plants.

6 hours ago, Tranoze said:

Bee queen hat should also make nearby bees friendly to you, especially spring.

Never thought of this before but it would be really nice if BQ crown let you gather honey without bees aggroing. Make it lose 5% or 1% durability each time you gather honey from a beebox while wearing it so it isn't crazy busted. 

Yes like in Minecraft.

7 hours ago, Tranoze said:

Bee queen hat should also make nearby bees friendly to you, especially spring.

I already did this in one of my mods.
Also the beekeeper hat should allow you to take honey from beehive without releasing the bees and having them attack you.

Just now, VampireMonkey said:

Also the beekeeper hat should allow you to take honey from beehive without releasing the bees and having them attack you.

The idea behind real life bee keeper hat is that it make bee loose agroo on you once they notice they cant attack you. In this game bee keeper hat is a different story, be just keep attacking you even if you equip it.

But changing it will break game balance since bee keeper hat is too cheap to craft, while beequeen hat is boss drop that currently have no good use after they change how abi and flower spawn work.

1 hour ago, Tranoze said:

while beequeen hat is boss drop that currently have no good use after they change how abi and flower spawn work.

While I agree that BQ helm should stop bees from beeboxes attacking you it is definitely not useless. 

I use it when fighting werepigs on full moon to great effect, full sanity guaranteed by the end and it negates the werepig sanity drain. I'm planning on dropping one off at each set of nightmare lights in the ruins next summer as ruins sanity stations as well.

I do give all my spares to bunnymen though so a new use would be great considering  how many you can amass late game.

6 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

Never thought of this before but it would be really nice if BQ crown let you gather honey without bees aggroing. Make it lose 5% or 1% durability each time you gather honey from a beebox while wearing it so it isn't crazy busted. 

You can already gather honey without bees aggroing by setting the hive on fire and putting it out. Bee Queen is a rather difficult fight, I don't think being able to conveniently gather honey as much as you want would be too strong. It's more of a quality of life thing really.

Especially compared to how busted bundling wrap actually is.

5 hours ago, Tranoze said:

But changing it will break game balance since bee keeper hat is too cheap to craft, while beequeen hat is boss drop that currently have no good use after they change how abi and flower spawn work.

Fighting AFW (or anything with a large insanity aura), camping near nightmare lights, hound sanity stations, treeguard sanity stations.

Just now, Cheggf said:
6 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

You can already gather honey without bees aggroing by setting the hive on fire and putting it out. Bee Queen is a rather difficult fight, I don't think being able to conveniently gather honey as much as you want would be too strong. It's more of a quality of life thing really.

Especially compared to how busted bundling wrap actually is.

Yeah considering how the new enlightened crown works I'd love to see more late game items having qol effects like this and you're right that it isn't too strong an effect.

The fire method is just weird.. seems more like an exploit that should be removed than a mechanic.

3 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Fighting AFW (or anything with a large insanity aura), camping near nightmare lights, hound sanity stations, treeguard sanity stations.

Using bq without other armor or beefalo on bosses wear down it durability quite fast, which is quite wasteful for a 22500 hp boss drop.
Varg or treeguard sanity station is fine, but you cant keep them in base. Treeguard need to be on boat and need to use glitch for that. Sisturn with 4 flower did the job just fine for now.

Beequeen hat only convert half of the sanity aura so using them on fight wasnt effective as you think, for example, if you wear 2 football helmet and 5 cooked greencap is enough to be outstand bee queen hat, because you can control your sanity to low or high when you want, unlike bee queen hat.

Also i didnt ask for bee queen hat to disable bee agroo on harvest, but turn normal bees to friendly bees in spring, and killer bee dont target you.

3 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

The fire method is just weird.. seems more like an exploit that should be removed than a mechanic.

They are known mechanic, and legit mechanic actually, people use smoke to harvest bee box in real life, and i think fire work the same in game. People also use fire on pig houses if they stay in home during full moon.

39 minutes ago, Tranoze said:

They are known mechanic, and legit mechanic actually, people use smoke to harvest bee box in real life, and i think fire work the same in game. People also use fire on pig houses if they stay in home during full moon

People use smoke in real life not fire, not quite the same.

Using fire to manipulate/exploit mob behaviour in this way seems wrong, makes a lot more sense in the pig situation.

I'd rather the fire method didn't work for bees and to receive a smoker item instead that can be used on beeboxes to calm bees inside. That or BQ helm allowing you to safely harvest. 

22 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

Like pathfinding exploits < :°)

19 hours ago, Tranoze said:

Using bq without other armor or beefalo on bosses wear down it durability quite fast, which is quite wasteful for a 22500 hp boss drop.

Nobody said to use it without any chest armor slot and anyways is one of the armors with more durability. Actually the problem of using solo beequeen crown is having 70% not wasting it since you are suppose to fight her many times, not just 1 and, with that high durability you end stockpiling them

Not having to farm cactis and green mush by just wearing it is already a good thing, saying that isnt that strong...

38 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Not having to farm cactis and green mush by just wearing it is already a good thing, saying that isnt that strong...

It doesnt remove sanity drop from rain, darkness cave or night. Only from monsters. Beequeen hat actual sanity gain is not that high to the point you not having to farm cactis or greenmush. Only tam'o shanter can do that right now, and enlightenment hat in next update.

43 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

All mobs in dst use pathfinding, and i hope klei find an effective way to make pathfinding better and cause less lag, but the problem is good accurate pathfinding cause more lag with more mobs, while fast pathfinding is not as much effective.
Klei dev need to take a course at learning about pathfinding algorithm.

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Very cheeky..

I get your point but I think it's different situations, some mobs are dumb and certain behaviour can be taken advantage of whereas literally burning a beebox so the bees are distracted while you take their honey is just weird. How can you even take the honey from the box if it's on fire? I thought burning structures lost their function until extinguished?

24 minutes ago, Tranoze said:

It doesnt remove sanity drop from rain, darkness cave or night. Only from monsters. Beequeen hat actual sanity gain is not that high to the point you not having to farm cactis or greenmush. Only tam'o shanter can do that right now, and enlightenment hat in next update.

Being next to a handful of werepigs with bee crown will put you from no sanity to full fairly quickly.

12 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

ow can you even take the honey from the box if it's on fire? I thought burning structures lost their function until extinguished?

Just realised how it actually works... you're just emptying the bee box first and gathering after you extinguish and before the bees go back in. Seems fairer now that I understand... hmmm

Archived