Infinite gas storage: Does it blow up eventually?

So, using a door compressor to push unlimited amounts of gas into a room is really handy. But I am wondering whether there is a maximum pressure.

If I remember correctly, rooms do not blow up if they have at least 3 tiles of rock tiles around them. Is that needed for infinite gas storage to not go out eventually with a big boom or are 2 or maybe even 1 rock tiles enough to withstand any amount of gas pressure? Is there any dependency on the material used?

I know the constructs using doors for walls. I am wondering whether it works with conventional rock tiles.

IIRC pressure does not apply for gas. I once did a fairly small infinite storage for gas, game did take issue when pressure was high enough, as in flashy-crashy ...

For liquids: 3 spaces wide walls / natural tile. Airlocks not affected by pressure and so on...

I'm not really sure if it was the extended gameplay session or just the pressure that eventually popped the game. Igneous rock tile for walls. Liquid animations get wonky with such gas amounts.

Pictured, a small infinite storage cycles before crashing:

1743308131_infinistorage.png.c5907d6dc62286cd1d6230613b1e5c39.png

OK, since nobody really seems to know, I did run a test:

max_gas_pressure.png.d80488e465510a4a747e58b1f5b2b8a7.png

Left side is vacuum, right side is CO2 supply, middle is door pump and the borders of the pressure tank is one layer of Granite.

I think I can say I am now confident that this type of infinite gas storage is not going to blow up in any realistic timeframe (or not at all).

26 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

OK, since nobody really seems to know, I did run a test:

max_gas_pressure.png.d80488e465510a4a747e58b1f5b2b8a7.png

Left side is vacuum, right side is CO2 supply, middle is door pump and the borders of the pressure tank is one layer of Granite.

I think I can say I am now confident that this type of infinite gas storage is not going to blow up in any realistic timeframe (or not at all).

well, its not new thread where its talked about this. but as we talking about wall, then yes, its kind off hard damage with the gas. if talk about water door lock then that is wrong inside game anyway , because gas can go tho water

18 hours ago, RonEmpire said:

Gas will not blow up.   I know for sure.      Liquid will blow up from pressure damage. 

Thanks for the confirmation!

For Liquid, you seem to need 3 tiles for things to not blow up (experiment with water/granite):

max_liquid_pressure.png.98ad0c5f78cace3e19174068a7f18f1b.png

14 hours ago, Gurgel said:

Thanks for the confirmation!

For Liquid, you seem to need 3 tiles for things to not blow up (experiment with water/granite):

max_liquid_pressure.png.98ad0c5f78cace3e19174068a7f18f1b.png

If you use doors or airflow tiles, then you only need 1 layer.

I used airflow tiles to store both my liquids and my gases, and I reached the "maximum" of the game pressure, the maximum in quotes, because in some updates a while ago they set a limit for the amount of "material" in one block, so whenever you save and load it would be at the maximum defined, with airflow tiles, it will not explode

Archived