Help me understand this SPOM attempt

8 hours ago, gabberworld said:

you could also use something like this instead off Aquatuner  

I very much like the examples.  My head was coming up with some sort of liquid reservoir taking in 3 pipes from 3 different directions.  So it would combine the input to one line for the aquatuner.  It didn't occur to me to just have the regulators just cool a patch of water, and all the line just dump heat into it. 

On 4/24/2021 at 1:38 AM, giygus said:

Pretty new at this game, trying to learn things.  First attempt at a SPOM like set up, and I am trying to understand why it isn't more functional.  I looked at the pretty pictures of real SPOMs, and they are nice, but I don't understand how they work.  Figured trying a few attempts of my own would help.

First, let me applaud you for trying this yourself, not just copying an existing design. That said, SPOMs are tricky. You either need more space for the gases to separate cleanly or you need some trick to have it work in a small confined space. I did an "anti-SPOM" a while back (creates hydrogen and the oxygen just goes to space) and it was pretty tricky getting 100% hydrogen and almost 100% uptime out of it. One key learning was that getting the Oxygen out fast is really critical. Some of the design experiences are documented below and may give you some additional insights:

9 hours ago, giygus said:

I very much like the examples.

there is my example how i handle the oxygen

myway.thumb.png.683ff4bbcecf995f223363b4ac6071b0.png

max power usage is 980 but for go that high power is low change, what leads to leftovers from hydrogen.

that makes this setup run separately without need other help

it need change little bit by move some parts to other location, but you get the idea

2 hours ago, Angpaur said:

You are lacking one gas pump to make it a really good, 100% uptime spom:

DFB3E5C343305CB69ADA6DDE1C051F9295A2FEF1

29D3497FEC4A65B20079CBF08961BED70B1C4724

yes i know, 2 Electrolyser generates the 2000g gas , for that it needs 4 gas pumps for pump everything out.

--

so i tested this out. and seems kind off good, it even able feed 3 AETN and still able make some extra waste.

i quess i start use that then instead off 3 gas pumps

10 hours ago, Angpaur said:

You are lacking one gas pump to make it a really good, 100% uptime spom:

Could you show me the automation overlay for this picture please?  I am not sure what the sensors are doing.

16 hours ago, Gurgel said:

I did an "anti-SPOM" a while back (creates hydrogen and the oxygen just goes to space) and it was pretty tricky getting 100% hydrogen and almost 100% uptime out of it. One key learning was that getting the Oxygen out fast is really critical. Some of the design experiences are documented below and may give you some additional insights

Neat, the idea of just venting O2 as a waste gas seems a little against the grain of the game.  But it is the only real way to get hydrogen it seems.  Thank you for the link.

457140_screenshots_20200529122551_1.jpg

5 minutes ago, giygus said:

Neat, the idea of just venting O2 as a waste gas seems a little against the grain of the game.  But it is the only real way to get hydrogen it seems.  Thank you for the link.

The thing is, once you have enough oxygen for your dupes, more becomes completely useless. 

Just now, giygus said:

Wait a minute, can you use a Gas Element sensor hooked to a Gas Shutoff valve instead of a 120W gas filter?

Yes, but it is recommended that you ensure that there will be no backing up of gases to ensure it will work fine.

15 minutes ago, he77789 said:

Wouldn't door pumping it to a staging area where it's heated before getting dumped give you some free cooling on top?

Sure. If you can make it work. I found that basically anything you do to the oxygen flow degrades performance.

You can do one thing to get free cooling from the anti-SPOM though: Put some radiant pipes and temp-shift plates into the oxygen flow below the electrolyzers. 

Archived