Quickly sorting large pools of mixed liquids

How do y'all deal with the big pool of mixed liquid that inevitably collects at the bottom of the map. I'm looking for a way to quickly sort it all into reservoirs or open pools. I understand the theory of passive and low-power filters, but I just want to see your implementations. Power is not a consideration, so weather it's spamming pumps and filters or pitcher pumps and transit tubes or whatever I don't care. The goal is to quickly sort out many tons of heterogeneous liquids. TIA

I don't do anything terribly special.  Usually I'll end up with a large pool of various water types near the bottom of the map.  But I'm careful not to let other liquid mix (e.g. keep the ethanol and oil isolated into their own pools).  For example, during excavation I'll leave the pools of ethanol alone and later drain them all into a single pool either by gravity or with temporary, dedicated pumps.

The miscellaneous water pool usually doesn't get filtered at all.  I just run it all through a purifier and desalinator in series before heading to the SPOM.  Each geyser gets it's own pure reservoir underneath it that I let fill until I've used up the mixed pool at the bottom of the map.

When I do want a specific water type (e.g. polluted water to fill a cooling loop), I'll build a pump at the appropriate layer for that liquid and setup an element sensor - not gate - liquid vent filter to dump any of the wrong element type back into the pool.

I never have mix of liquids on the bottom of map. But solution is simple, for an example you have 5 kind of liquids, build 100 liquid pumps, 500 liquid filters and it should be filtered pretty fast.

6 hours ago, ghkbrew said:

The miscellaneous water pool usually doesn't get filtered at all.  I just run it all through a purifier and desalinator in series before heading to the SPOM.

I'm not running a spom. I am looking for an implementation of how to sort liquids quickly.

4 hours ago, degr said:

But solution is simple, for an example you have 5 kind of liquids, build 100 liquid pumps, 500 liquid filters and it should be filtered pretty fast.

Do you have an example?

2 hours ago, mathmanican said:

Something like this might interest you.

I get the theory of how it's done. I'm looking for a tested large-scale implementation of that.

27 minutes ago, Occam Blazer said:

I get the theory of how it's done. I'm looking for a tested large-scale implementation of that.

Picture archive time. This is from a survival mode game over 3 years ago.

Ignore the Borg Cube cooled original SPOMs. People now call them rodriguez but it's not a name I came up with for them. Liquid separator with attached infinite storages are in the middle.

image.thumb.png.77792c43542f80b2d85221e8d1695429.png

32 minutes ago, Occam Blazer said:

I'm looking for a tested large-scale implementation of that.

I slurp up my liquid when I encounter it into compact pools.

9 hours ago, Occam Blazer said:

inevitably collects at the bottom of the map

Never had this happen.

Archived