As long the rocket is flying there is "gravity" due to the acceleration.

ONI rockets work like in the Expanse where a gravity effect is achieved by constant acceleration half of the way then turn around and constant deceleration to the other half.

-
However I've been wondering this myself the planetoids are heavy enough for gravity, yet all of them fail to hold an atmosphere outside the encapsulated core...

I had the idea to write a short piece about "physical assumptions" and "game mechanics". And while yes, the game is not a physics emulator, nor should it be and is made to be fun, how the gamers experience often does start with physical assumptions.. and often it's not wrong. Like water freezes at 0° Celsius and boils at 100... and water falls down, while steam goes up. etc. We do start with these assumptions and are need learning when game mechanics differ. And yes this applies to new gamers not veterans that learned the game mechanics already inside out.

The inertia would create a force similar to gravity, hence why you see so many space station designs rotate. 

Now this would depend on full burning to the halfway point and then full burning to decelerate, but that seems in keeping with ONI's style. 

7 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

There is a reason: Its a game, not real life. Dupes just can not fly. Its not in the Code. End of reasons.

It certainly could be.  There could be different gravity constants on each asteroid.  It would mostly just change how fast chunks and duplicants fall when not supported.

But, ultimately, yes, it's a game.  If you want accurate gravity, go play Kerbal.

Archived