This is the second colony I've had this happen on. Swamp start, dig into a chamber, wall off the entrance so the slime-generated oxygen doesn't leak. dig around, to setup for eventually colonization. Decide I need to work on another part of the colony. Move building materials to the next area to work on, wall in the chamber I was working on. Rover can no longer build using any materials, whether they are in a reachable bin, or on the ground beside it.

Notice in the image, all ability to build is greyed out, the rover has power but shows as unreachable. the Igneous rock right next to the rover shows as unreachable. I just dumped it out of the bin to try to get it working, it was in there and still unusable.

image.thumb.png.dcba00e70622697f276cd3c2d477e828.png

I noticed my second sentence is oddly presented. I had a swamp asteroid start, then much later when I'm working with a rover to prepare to colonize asteroid 3 this happens.

23 minutes ago, Lbphero said:

the game stops you from spending more resources if you've already planned out to use a bunch of them ... is that why you cannot make more stuff?

You can dig on the right to obtain some ressource to create a ladder.

6 hours ago, Lbphero said:

the game stops you from spending more resources if you've already planned out to use a bunch of them ... is that why you cannot make more stuff?

Yes. It may be that the available material all is allocated for the now unreachable construction, creating a kind of deadlock.

19 hours ago, Lbphero said:

Not gonna lie, it is kind of annoying when the game doesn't want to let you plan ahead of the resources you haven't yet obtained.

3 hours ago, ZombieDupe said:

Not gonna lie, it is kind of annoying when the game doesn't want to let you plan ahead of the resources you haven't yet obtained.

It just prevents you from doing hours of planning, and then discover there is just not that much granite on the entire map you´ve already planned to use.

On 4/23/2021 at 5:48 AM, SharraShimada said:

It just prevents you from doing hours of planning, and then discover there is just not that much granite on the entire map you´ve already planned to use.

Planning that far ahead would be a bad idea regardless, and you would need to explore the entire map. A prompt saying you don't have enough resources to build something while you are planning, as it does now when you manage to do it should be fine or a way to change the resource type selected for already planned buildings. It is after all still annoying to not be able to plan ahead.

Archived