The Gassy Moo planetoid is getting cooler every update which is nice to see, but currently there is no "economic" reason to go out of your way to tame them other than the 2 in-game achievements and the "look, I have a space cow" feeling. That, and the exorbitant amount of meat, which you likely won't need since if you have the means to domesticate a Gassy Moo, you likely solved your food issues long ago.

Currently, they are much more trouble than they are worth beside their cool factor and the feeling of challenge to domesticate them. So a couple of things to do to make them more worth the investment (One or multiple of these combined):

1) A simple straightforward buff to what they already provide. Currently it takes about 11 Gassy Moos to supply 2 Natural Gas generators at all times, which doesn't even closely recuperate the power costs of domesticating such a large amount of them, considering they need 22 Gas Grass plants to be sustained, which in turn is 11 Kg of liquid chlorine per cycle. Simply improving these numbers and making them produce considerably more Natural Gas (Where 2 or 3 of them can supply a single generator) or reduce their diet requirements making them easier to keep would go a long way.

2) Gassy Moo's can now be milked for Gassy Milk, which in turn can be used to make Gassy Ice Cream out of Gassy Milk and water (In the microbe musher or the juicer for example). This food will grant little Kcal, but will grant the Duplicants the Ambrosial +6 moral in food quality and give duplicants "Buoyant" trait for 2 cycles granting them +3 athletics.

3) Gassy Moo's can now excrete Gassy Poo, which can be used in the Farming Station to produce Gassy Micromanure which works exactly like the Micronutrient except it triples the growth rate for 1 cycle rather than doubles it, and reduces the plant's irrigation and fertilization requirements by half (Which can be used on the Gas Grass itself to reduce Liquid Chlorine requirements)

4) Gassy Moo's can excrete a rare resource, a brand new one not obtainable otherwise. Sadly, this isn't something I can thematically brainstorm and go into details, but preferably it should be used in rocketry (For a unique more efficient rocket fuel or the like).

I'd say 4) is already included in 2)

Gassy Poo sounds like NGas version of Oxylite. That could make transporting NGas out of this planet much more easier I guess.

It is also worth to consider changes in the Gas Grass to buff MooMoos. Currently the grass is so difficult to farm that it cannot even thrive by itself in the wild...

But anyway - yeah, you are right, some buffs would be nice to have more reason to ranch them, not only for laugh and giggles

2 minutes ago, pether said:

Gassy Poo sounds like NGas version of Oxylite. That could make transporting NGas out of this planet much more easier I guess.

I actually meant for Gassy Poo to be a completely separate specific material that's only used for the super Micronutrient, but having it be actually solid state Natural gas would also be welcome. Especially if it's in much greater quantities than they currently produce.

15 hours ago, Unfawkable said:

Gassy Moo's can now be milked for Gassy Milk, which in turn can be used to make Gassy Ice Cream out of Gassy Milk and water (In the microbe musher or the juicer for example). This food will grant little Kcal, but will grant the Duplicants the Ambrosial +6 moral in food quality and give duplicants "Buoyant" trait for 2 cycles granting them +3 athletics.

It should be eadible as unrefined milk as well but with the downside of making dupes flatulent for the duration on top of the positive effects.

16 hours ago, Unfawkable said:

Gassy Moo's can excrete a rare resource, a brand new one not obtainable otherwise. Sadly, this isn't something I can thematically brainstorm and go into details, but preferably it should be used in rocketry (For a unique more efficient rocket fuel or the like).

I like the idea of moos producing rocket fuel. Maybe their milk could be used as one directly in a special engine (i can imagine the wacky art this engine might get). If it`s efficient enough it might be a nice lategame fuel.

19 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

It should be eadible as unrefined milk as well but with the downside of making dupes flatulent for the duration on top of the positive effects.

I like the idea of moos producing rocket fuel. Maybe their milk could be used as one directly in a special engine (i can imagine the wacky art this engine might get). If it`s efficient enough it might be a nice lategame fuel.

Oh God I can see it now, an udder shaped rocket engine. Spewing milk. It has to happen now.

4 hours ago, goboking said:

Microbe Musher:  Gassy Milk + Sugar + Ice = Ice Cream

Microbe Musher:  Gassy Milk = Cheese

Gas Oven:  Omelette + Cheese + Pincha Pepper = Deluxe Omelette

Mhhhh, very nice ! :ghost: Taking note for myself...Do not read this thread when huuuuuungry :lol:

Archived