Every night is full moon now

After assembling all 3 altars, every night will become full moon. And this effect will last forever, until you defeat the celestial champion. This means you can farm werepigs, transform star caller's staff, kill glommer to summon krampii every day. Note ghost also will be spawned from the graves every night though. Don't forget to prepare several shadow atriums if you think you didn't prepare enough thulecite items and bone armor. And if you're Woodie, well.. Good luck.  

Also, in the moon storm area you can farm a handful of infused moon glass every a few seconds which transforms into normal moon glass after 2 minutes. Stockpile those will be useful since you can craft glass cutter and axe via celestial orb after defeating the celestial champion.

Personally I suppose permanent full moon is much more beneficial compared to its downside, but please remember the moon storm location changes frequently, and next place could be your base. (But in this case you can still get rid of the storm from that place by completing Wagstaff containment mission) And the lunacy effect will be quite a bit annoying.

Oh, and you can now legitimately be killed by celestial altars, they fight back if you're trying to hammer 'em down after assembling all three of them. Another ridiculous morgue after flint, hutch and flower. lol

Plus. I think this update is quite good solution to farm krampus sack in the late game, since the devs(probably mister zarklord... :sure:) recently fixed the cheese to farm mass krampus sack... Like this.

Spoiler

Edit : After assembling all three altars, mutant hounds and pengulls will be spawned at night, and the sanity stat will be replaced as lunacy stat. (Also inside the storm even at day)

Back when he was just a lonely cursed crazy Canadian guy in a shack, Woodie probably had nightmares about this event.

It would probably be a nice lore touch if any of the new stuff affected him particularly different too, being so linked to the moon’s energy as he is (maybe a late game way to prevent full moon transformations, or a way to enhance them and make them a bit better. Or both)

6 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Back when he was just a lonely cursed crazy Canadian guy in a shack, Woodie probably had nightmares about this event.

It would probably be a nice lore touch if any of the new stuff affected him particularly different too, being so linked to the moon’s energy as he is (maybe a late game way to prevent full moon transformations, or a way to enhance them and make them a bit better. Or both)

Can we also talk about Wormwood for a sec? He got nothing from this, zip, nada. No new moon power, no moon plants, nothing. I get his body is from the constant but his gem is from the moon. An upgrade to his crafts maybe? Lunar bramble husk and lunar bramble trap perhaps. I don't mean I want Wormwood to become more powerful, at the very least explore this aspect of his!

4 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Can we also talk about Wormwood for a sec? He got nothing from this, zip, nada. No new moon power, no moon plants, nothing. I get his body is from the constant but his gem is from the moon. An upgrade to his crafts maybe? Lunar bramble husk and lunar bramble trap perhaps. I don't mean I want Wormwood to become more powerful, at the very least explore this aspect of his!

wormwood doesnt have the problem of changing form every full moon

any character get nothing special

Just now, ArubaroBeefalo said:

wormwood doesnt have the problem of changing form every full moon

any character get nothing special

No, that's not what I mean. What I'm saying is that just like Woody, Wormwood also has a connection to the moon. The connection is largely unexplored and I'd like to see Klei go more in depth with it.

7 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

No, that's not what I mean. What I'm saying is that just like Woody, Wormwood also has a connection to the moon. The connection is largely unexplored and I'd like to see Klei go more in depth with it.

i think than the connection is just that gems comes from the moon, for that the ancients worship the moon

but yeah. i get your point 

Keep in mind that Klei designs this game with all these updates already in mind, they probably knew the day they reworked woodie that this update would happen later :lol: I highly doubt they’re going to make him “immune” to the moon phases now.. but there may be some item introduced later that helps.

Archived